Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 1-2 Anafront wave disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, 25thamendmentfan said:

I'm not sure why you're busting his ballz, even if you're joking. I highly doubt his news director is all that concerned about the sparsely populated hills of norheast Connecticut and whether they get an inch more of snow than forecast. It's rural, working class, and I doubt any of the Hartford/New haven tv stations sell spots there or any business there can afford to. Demographics is Destiny, which also explains why the tv business cares a lot more about an upper class woman from west Hartford who's 40 than a 65 year old male retiree from montville on a fixed income.

Awful post.  About as bad as they come.  

36 minutes ago, 25thamendmentfan said:

I'm not sure why you're busting his ballz, even if you're joking. I highly doubt his news director is all that concerned about the sparsely populated hills of norheast Connecticut and whether they get an inch more of snow than forecast. It's rural, working class, and I doubt any of the Hartford/New haven tv stations sell spots there or any business there can afford to. Demographics is Destiny, which also explains why the tv business cares a lot more about an upper class woman from west Hartford who's 40 than a 65 year old male retiree from montville on a fixed income.

What are you talking about? We cover the news and weather wherever it happens. 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It started as sleet here and now all rain . Temp is down 34

I think if we want those 6+ to verify we need a flip by 9-10:00

Doubt 6+ verifies. But I think 3-4" has a good chance. HRRR doesn't even flip you until 1am. If you flip at 9pm then yeah, you'll get 5-6". But a flip a bit after midnight would still be totally consistent with 3-4 inch amounts.  

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Doubt 6+ verifies. But I think 3-4" has a good chance. HRRR doesn't even flip you until 1am. If you flip at 9pm then yeah, you'll get 5-6". But a flip a bit after midnight would still be totally consistent with 3-4 inch amounts.  

This stuff can pile up with better ratios every minute as omega increases and the column cools. Any 60 minute slowing of forecasted progression can lead to a six packer for Kev

download.png

16 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Looks like rain to me up there now. 

Are most of the Weather Underground stations automatically programmed to report snow at certain temps?  I noticed a decent pocket of them all 33-34 degrees near Warren, Bantam, West Cornwall, Litchfield etc,. and they are all reporting snow but I am unsure how those stations report conditions?

1(1).css

40 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

HRRR has this a 31-32 paster until 5:00 AM here.with 5-6+. Please let that verify 

This is the perfect set-up for your hill-top paster.

Temps in the mid-30s to start, wet bulb down to 32F above 700ft and then sit there for a while until the arctic boundary moves through and really drops the temps at the tail end.

Looking at even current obs now, this will have quite a elevation difference IMO even with just a few hundred feet of elevation change.  Wunderground shows 34-36F in Tolland, coldest reading in eastern half of CT is 33F at Union.  Get some steady precip in there and watch that drop a couple degrees then level off for a while.  Should be wet-bulbing as we speak.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Temps in the mid-30s to start, wet bulb down to 32F above 700ft and then sit there for a while until the arctic boundary moves through and really drops the temps at the tail end.

Looking at even current obs now, this will have quite a elevation difference IMO even with just a few hundred feet of elevation change.  Wunderground shows 34-36F in Tolland, coldest reading in eastern half of CT is 33F at Union.  Get some steady precip in there and watch that drop a couple degrees then level off for a while.  Should be wet-bulbing as we speak.

Jesus keep your clothes on.

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I’m down to 33.5. But it seems like 925 is torched no?

ginxie,

Why should I apologize? You're the one posting on the internet saying he's putting out failed forecasts. You should be happy he posts on this site. He doesn't have to, or need to. He has plenty of weather watchers on social media.

If I were a  newly minted chief meteorologist in a top 30 market and I had some guy saying I was failing in my forecasts I certainly wouldn't be happy about it even if you are a valued, albeit needy, overly sensitive weather watcher.

Why are you accusing me of bigotry? I know you love your backyard, but the news directors at the providence/Hartford/New haven tv stations could care less about your backyard when 90% of the dma lives an hour away from you. It's simply one of the realities of commercial television, just like in the New York city tv market news directors don't care about the upper reaches of Rockland or dutchess counties when millions live in the 5 boros and Bergen/Westchester/Fairfield.

Archived