Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

I think all of WNY west of Wayne county will be under warnings for 6-12” come 4pm today. 

They’re gonna have to take this one seriously. It’s gonna be plenty cold for the majority for areas N and W especially. We could see some lake enhancement. 

This could strengthen still. 

5 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

I think all of WNY west of Wayne county will be under warnings for 6-12” come 4pm today. 

Agree. CNY could be advisories for where most of the population lives but most counties have hilly areas where 7"+ is probable, so BGM will probably have to go with Warnings also, except maybe southern tier counties west of BGM.

14 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

They’re gonna have to take this one seriously. It’s gonna be plenty cold for the majority for areas N and W especially. We could see some lake enhancement. 

This could strengthen still. 

Visiting your thread because I'm a trucker who will be heading up from Scranton to Webster Thursday afternoon to deliver to a Lowe's store, then probably reloading somewhere nearby on Friday coming back to Scranton. What can I expect in my travels? I suppose some crappy travel conditions.

Just now, rochesterdave said:

18z NAM completely dumps remnant lobe. Complete transfer immediately. 

That may or may not be right but the xfer to coastal on this one has been well advertised but how it plays out is the rub and probably why NWP is having so many run to run adjustments. That and the downstream block. I wouldn't be surprised to see significant changes and differnces between models right thru 12z runs tomorrow...pretty close to game time....

50 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Visiting your thread because I'm a trucker who will be heading up from Scranton to Webster Thursday afternoon to deliver to a Lowe's store, then probably reloading somewhere nearby on Friday coming back to Scranton. What can I expect in my travels? I suppose some crappy travel conditions.

Expect 2”-2’. Slush nuisance to blizzard. 

Seriously though, your travels, Friday morning will take you through the worst of it. Probably doable but bad. 

1 minute ago, rochesterdave said:

Expect 2”-2’. Slush nuisance to blizzard. 

Seriously though, your travels, Friday morning will take you through the worst of it. Probably doable but bad. 

Thanks much for the reply! I figured best to go to those who live in and know the climate to give me the best information. :)

42 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

It’s completely different storm from earlier runs!?! Lol

South Jersey gets nailed. Crazy. 

Kroc has been on the northern envelope- so there isn’t a lot of wiggle room. 

What makes off hr runs less reliable?

0z and 12z runs have weather balloon data/upper atmosphere info along with surface obs. 6z and 18z have only surface obs from what I recall. 

Archived