Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

NAM more or less tossed. It missed the decaying remnant low somehow and transferred way off shore in one swoop. None of the others see that. I’ll be checking discos to see what the pros say. 

It's a terrible model. From 40" of snow to complete whiff in less than 24 hours. Euro is always king, very consistent with this. 

5 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

While the euro has trended farther south it also has gotten colder, 0z had over 1/2” liquid followed by 12” snow and 12z a tenth inch liquid, 7” of snow, temps drop into the upper 20s..

That doesn't even make sense, no? How can it get colder with less snowfall? There must have been a drop in precip amounts as well, correct?

I just looked more closely at today's 18Z NAM and its actually not all that bad. It still drops close to 3/4-1" Liq Equivalent, with all of it being in the form of snow as it much much colder at all levels.  H700 is still ideal as well as the H850LP which all head straight East through SPA and off the Delmarva then bombs away and just sits and spins off the coast for 12hrs while it throws copious amounts moisture our way.  IDK, maybe its just me but I wouldn't mind a solution like the 18Z NAM so I'm open to all sorte of solutions!

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Matches this model. Syrmax must be happy, no snow for Boston after 8 days of tracking. 

From scanning posts I was pretty sure Euro and GEM dumped 6-12" area wide there with BWs imminent. So I don't get that map.

Archived