Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Parent gets to about Harrisburg PA before transferring its energy and then she gets captured by the UL system and Boom.  Can this finally be the one we've all been waiting for, lol?  Man do I hope so.  This is a nice graphic showing exactly what going on. If that SLP, sitting off the Jersey Coast heads Due North or even ENE,then we will all get double digit snows!  Lock that in right now if it does, lol!

sfcwind_mslp.us_ne.png

If all models follow suite tonight, WSW for the whole half of the state will be under Warnings come tomorrow morning.  Look at this H700 moisture feed with a cyclonic flow all over C-WNY, wow just wow!

700rh.us_ne.png

There may also be a wicked convergence zone right along the rt81 corridor.  The system just stacks over NYC all the whole just spinning away, lol!

IDK man, as this is now spitting out 9" for NYC? KBOS is also in the upper teens at 15.5" and KBUF at 14.2".  IDK what to think with this crazy model. We're within 18hrs and it still doesn't have a clue, WTF??

Watch now all other guidance heads South, lol, just to throw a wrench and give us all a damn heart attack!

2 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

NAM looking pretty solid, Mass gonna be close...saw KORH sounding at 42 hrs...warm nose at H850 and very marginal surface but huge UVV...probably an 8:1 or worse ratio for a while. But best of luck to them.

We're all sitting pretty up here and just about any elevation will help out.  For instance, OCC on Onondaga hill should have no problem getting into double digit totals and perhaps, if all thing come together just right, we can be talking 2'!  IDK but it looks doable to me.

4 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Look at that hole in SE CT where I used to live. I'll bet that materializes even if nothing else does. What a snowhole.

When I lived in Rhode Island for a few years I always remember driving to Groton/New London and there was always way less or even no snow than just 20-30 min away in RI or other parts of CT even during the record breaking snowiest season 2014-2015 winter. I couldn't even imagine living there, I'd have to be making six figures a year for sure to even consider moving to SE CT, no joke lol.

8 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

When I lived in Rhode Island for a few years I always remember driving to Groton/New London and there was always way less or even no snow than just 20-30 min away in RI or other parts of CT even during the record breaking snowiest season 2014-2015 winter. I couldn't even imagine living there, I'd have to be making six figures a year for sure to even consider moving to SE CT, no joke lol.

Yeah, that's one reason I was there...coin talks, Bull**** walks.

21 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

Blizzard of 1993...we got 5" of snow then sleet then dryslot and drizzle. Disgusting. West Hartford had like 20".  Nothing can top that from a brutal crushing standpoint. 

Archived