Roc- 15

Bristol- 25

Syr 16

Fulton- 13

Irondequoit- 11

Bing 9

NYC 3

Alb 10

Interesting call on Bristol as I also think they could be a real hot spot in this event.  2200 feet will serve them well.  

I've been lurking hard this week as I prepare for a trip to New Zealand... I'm flying out Sunday.  Hoping flights arent delayed or backed up.  Anyway, I don't usually add much around here but the prep for this has really gobbled up my time.  Anyway, looks like a hell of an event with a near perfect storm track, just wish it was 5 degrees colder.  

That March 2014 storm that brought 14 inches to Buffalo keeps showing up as an analog, which seems like a good optimistic number.

Unfortunately I have a flight at 12:30pm tomorrow. I haven't had any issues getting out of BUF in minor storms, but can anyone hazard a guess about lunchtime tomorrow? They clear the runways quickly and the plane is coming from Florida.

4 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Interesting call on Bristol as I also think they could be a real hot spot in this event.  2200 feet will serve them well.  

I've been lurking hard this week as I prepare for a trip to New Zealand... I'm flying out Sunday.  Hoping flights arent delayed or backed up.  Anyway, I don't usually add much around here but the prep for this has really gobbled up my time.  Anyway, looks like a hell of an event with a near perfect storm track, just wish it was 5 degrees colder.  

Have fun in New Zealand, always wanted to go there. Is it for vacation or work? 

3 minutes ago, WNash said:

That March 2014 storm that brought 14 inches to Buffalo keeps showing up as an analog, which seems like a good optimistic number.

Unfortunately I have a flight at 12:30pm tomorrow. I haven't had any issues getting out of BUF in minor storms, but can anyone hazard a guess about lunchtime tomorrow? They clear the runways quickly and the plane is coming from Florida.

Should be fine by then, but may be backed up from tonight/early tomorrow flights delays.

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

Should be fine by then, but may be backed up from tonight/early tomorrow flights delays.

Yeah, I love the wx response team at BUF. We have way less volume than the big east coast airports, so crews can clear empty runways fast, but they still impress me with how quickly they can get things going.

11 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Have fun in New Zealand, always wanted to go there. Is it for vacation or work? 

It's a boys only vacation that has been somewhat in the works for years.  I have a friend who moved there about 10 years ago as a travel writer (he basically does all the touristy things and writes about them, how nice is that!).  So we are flying in an he is taking care of the rest.  We spend a few days on the North Island then 5 days on the South Island.  We are doing Piha beach, gloworm caves, Tongariro Alpine crossing, hiking a volcano, hiking a glacier, Millford Sound, Bungee jumping.  It's going to be a wild ride.  I hope I'm ready for it.  I can't say I'm excited about the 13 hour flight from LA to Auckland....I can't even fathom how I'll survive that long on a plane.  Anyway, I'll post some pics when I get back. 

Now back to the storm!

4 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

It's a boys only vacation that has been somewhat in the works for years.  I have a friend who moved there about 10 years ago as a travel writer (he basically does all the touristy things and writes about them, how nice is that!).  So we are flying in an he is taking care of the rest.  We spend a few days on the North Island then 5 days on the South Island.  We are doing Piha beach, gloworm caves, Tongariro Alpine crossing, hiking a volcano, hiking a glacier, Millford Sound, Bungee jumping.  It's going to be a wild ride.  I hope I'm ready for it.  I can't say I'm excited about the 13 hour flight from LA to Auckland....I can't even fathom how I'll survive that long on a plane.  Anyway, I'll post some pics when I get back. 

Now back to the storm!

Travel writer, how do I get into that field? 

Juicy looking system. The only limiting factor now is probably the northern cutoff of precipitation. It’s sharp. It’s pretty well advertised and has shrunk south a bit. Everything is in place. The terrain from Buf to Penn Yan are a lock. 

NWS disco dropping most of their elevation talk and saying some areas might just start as snow. 

Archived