Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good analog but way way different temp wise as that system there were -10C 850's even all the way over here but the other features are similar.  One other difference is the orientation of the SLP as this one is more East -West sort of Horizontal while the 2014 event was a more vertical looking SLP, but like I said the similarities are there. Is there a snowfall map for that event somewhere?

I’ll tell you where it would suck to be a forecaster right now...SNE and CNE. you’ve got the NAM and maybe the Euro offering significant snowfall and all the others with basically nipski. That’s a big difference in outcomes. I’d imagine if upcoming Euro doesn’t back up the NAM there’s no way they can pull the trigger on any watches but...above average risk for something to go very wrong with that also...

38 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Totally. NWS going conservative in SNE, so far. On the other side are a few respectable internet Mets calling for a blizzard. How does one reconcile THAT?

I’ve seen some. All are rubbish.  I’d advise the KBOX AFD about sums it up best as of now.  Calls for a blizzard there based on extreme dynamic cooling....I wouldn’t be doing that but maybe there’s a coup to be had.  Not a buyer with the BL in mid/upper 30s and unfavorable mid levels until pretty late in the storm...out past 48hrs....I could see 6-8hrs of 6:1 snow ratios at most. Maybe 3-5” type snowfalls, 6-8” in ORH hills.  And that’s a stretch unless Euro has a different idea from just about every other model. 

Edit: Euro just vomited over everyone but WNY esp NE.  Game over there.

Archived