Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Upstate/Eastern New York

27 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Yea wx freak , if this is worst case scenario I’ll take it lol

Just a nudge north would be sufficient..

8413832A-5098-49FB-9536-790D8126E1C7.png

Yeah, after I analyzed it a bit closer it became apparent to me that the NAM wasn't such a bad scenario, lol, and if that was the worse case scenario, then so be it.  It's def not going any further South that's for sure so I think tonight's 00Z should put the nail in the coffin!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Syrmax said:

SNE is gonna have crappy surface temps and a raging mid level off the Atlantic. Gonna be hard to make snow until late in the game. 

Well you better go tell them that, cause apparently a raging blizzard is imminent all across SNE, especially the hills in and around KORH and the BERKS.

I don't know how it snows with temps in the mid 30's with a screaming Low Level Jet out of the ESE straight off the ATL in KBOS.  I mean, it is late in the season, but the water off the coast all across the area is way way AN, so IDK what their thinking especially with 12 pro Mets analyzing every model run, lol!

14 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Shouldn't we just toss any model run we don't like? I think that strategy is used elsewhere... ;)

I saw the New England posters praising the NAM 2 days ago when it was showing 2-3' for them at 84 hours, now that it shows nothing they say it's a garbage model. I'm glad we don't have that here. 

Tonights suite should answer a lot of questions but I sure hope we see some convergence in all globals since we are within 24hrs of go time no?  Its also quite apparent that NWS still aren't all that confident as no watches were upgraded but I wasn't expecting any upgrades until at least tonight or even with tomorrows 12Z run.  Remember, its the wintry part of the system thats the hard part, as always, and thats what the adv-war are for, not the rain that precedes the changeover, so I understand the hesitation from both offices. 

14 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

It will only snow above 1000' feet anywhere within 50 miles of the coast. 

Yeah will be tough unless something different than what is shown evolves. Which I don't rule out. I still remember March 2001 down there.

3 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Tonights suite should answer a lot of questions but I sure hope we see some convergence in all globals since we are within 24hrs of go time no?  Its also quite apparent that NWS still aren't all that confident as no watches were upgraded but I wasn't expecting any upgrades until at least tonight or even with tomorrows 12Z run.  Remember, its the wintry part of the system thats the hard part, as always, and thats what the adv-war are for, not the rain that precedes the changeover, so I understand the hesitation from both offices. 

Yeah HRRR is basically in range too. It's a little bit more amped.

hrrr_ref_frzn_neus_18.png

13 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

It will only snow above 1000' feet anywhere within 50 miles of the coast. 

I'm pretty sure KBOS somehow manages to see some accumulating snow during the next 2 weeks especially with a -NAO.  I'm expecting the storm track to actually be suppressed big time the next couple weeks and tbh, we're real lucky that this system is happening during a change to a -NAO and not the other way from - to + cause them we'd by high and dry while watching the MA get pounded, which should happen at least once, within the next few weeks, I'd imagine.

Just now, CNY-WXFREAK said:

I'm pretty sure KBOS somehow manages to see some accumulating snow during the next 2 weeks especially with a -NAO.  I'm expecting the storm track to actually be suppressed big time the next couple weeks and tbh, we're real lucky that this system is happening during a change to a -NAO and not the other way from - to + cause them we'd by high and dry while watching the MA get pounded, which should happen at least once, within the next few weeks, I'd imagine.

Yeah there is a huge signal for big storm in middle of March along east coast. I think it targets mid atlantic/NYC though. 

6 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Agree and I don't blame them. Wouldn't totally shock me if we end up with a slushy few inches. But 00Z should give some more confidence. Maybe.

4 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Agree and I don't blame them. Wouldn't totally shock me if we end up with a slushy few inches. But 00Z should give some more confidence. Maybe.

Would also not shock me in the least if this gets a bit more suppressed as well, as that -NAO is no joke, so we'll see I suppose.

Archived