• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
North Balti Zen

I figured I'd bump this for the drought victims. Here east of DC we're trying to see how flooded we get tonight lol

You mean you don’t like reading our constant kvetching about the lack of precip in the obs thread?? Lol. It’ll rain at some point, but man, this pattern is not ideal.
  • Haha 1

Excessive heat during a drought always exacerbates the stress on Mother Nature.

Many will be shocked 10 days from now if we have 95-100 heat all of next week with no rain.

I am confident that the GFS and ECMWF are over-inflating actual temperatures, they almost always do.

I always rely on the GGEM more in extreme heat.

14 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

02-03 was hot and dry into September then everything switched...I remember water restrictions that year. Looking forward to the big winter coming 

Its going to be a BIG WINTER, and frigid, with lots of snow.

You're gonna need a bigger shovel.

On 5/20/2021 at 2:46 PM, csnavywx said:

This needs to stop soon or feedback will begin to kick in. It's been bizarre watching these high-based TS/shower events over the past few weeks. Looks and feels more like the West with the huge T/Td spreads, inverted V soundings and huge daytime mixing layers -- which have been sneakily depleting water via evapotranspiration while not providing much precip in return.

Hopefully you guys can start getting some decent rain soon.

4 hours ago, stormy said:

Excessive heat during a drought always exacerbates the stress on Mother Nature.

Many will be shocked 10 days from now if we have 95-100 heat all of next week with no rain.

I am confident that the GFS and ECMWF are over-inflating actual temperatures, they almost always do.

I always rely on the GGEM more in extreme heat.

Not me.  You just exactly described the entire last 2 months here.

• Like 1

Ended the month of August with only 0.58” of rain in Round Hill. 2 of the towns 12 wells that supply water to residents have been turned off due to low production. The town currently has water restrictions in place. Next 10 days don’t look promising for any relief. On a side note, several copperhead and timber rattlers have been spotted as they leave their den radius in search of water. 

• Like 1

On 8/31/2023 at 6:55 AM, Round Hill WX said:

Ended the month of August with only 0.58” of rain in Round Hill. 2 of the towns 12 wells that supply water to residents have been turned off due to low production. The town currently has water restrictions in place. Next 10 days don’t look promising for any relief. On a side note, several copperhead and timber rattlers have been spotted as they leave their den radius in search of water. 

Yep.. down the street from you. I luckily had more rain than you (a little more than 2 times) at 1.19 inches. but it is bad! Most saw less than an inch and all grass is brown or yellow. Trees show serious signs of stress. I am on a well and have been telling everyone to conserve in the house! I do not want a dry well. 

Hoping for some chances of rain that are not showing, but we do look like 10 days of dry and hot weather! 

Ugly

• Like 1