Newest Member
    joxey
Days and days of snow disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah it's still trying to keep the door open on the larger system backing into eastern areas for Thursday. It's not far off. Euro has always been the most bullish on this idea...I'm still pretty skeptical that one makes it to us but the euro makes you think about it. 

you wouldn't think so...no, but.. the Euro kinda had trouble with this thing in the Nation's midriff when it was day 4 for them; I almost wonder, with the NAM pinching now as of 12z ... could the Euro just not be handling this thing that well in general. 

16 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

you wouldn't think so...no, but.. the Euro kinda had trouble with this thing in the Nation's midriff when it was day 4 for them; I almost wonder, with the NAM pinching now as of 12z ... could the Euro just not be handling this thing that well in general. 

Nammy did look pretty darn good. Usual caveats apply of course.

3 hours ago, weathafella said:

And Brett, I think 1-3 is light, 3+ is moderate, 6+ is heavy.  You’ve been alive for unreal snow times.

I think generally that's how most picture it when they write their discussions around here. I know that's my thinking for sure. <3 is light, 3-6 moderate - maybe push that to 8 inches, but warning amounts and higher is heavy. 

For reference, eastern region policy is recommended that ZFP wording is light for less than advisory, moderate for advisory, and heavy for warning+. So for BOX 1-3, 3-6, 6+.  GYX would technically push that to 1-4, 4-6, 6+. 

When we talk about man storms, we'll say it. Widespread double digits, etc. 

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Lol probably when he needs a west trend he gets it

This may end up being 48 hours + of snows for most of SNE. I think it was winter of 09 in Feb where we had a week straight where it snowed everyday . There was a norlun and a coastal and some east inflow. Reminds me of that week. 

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I will gladly east sh*t if Thursday comes to tickle. I still think it's unlikely, but interesting solutions.

I agree. Without wave one, this is a lot more interesting. But wave one is trending more significant with time. So not sure how we have room for both considering how far east the BZ will be with wave one, and heights falling behind it.

Archived