joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 4-6 Coastal Bomb

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liking how guidance has trended completely away from that double qpf max; one near the SE/Mid Atlantic and the second near eastern SNE. We lost the former, and now see a steady increase in the qpf amounts as the system intensifies with latitude.

Everything coming together in the end to look like a bonafide mega Nor Easter passing just east of the BM. 

10 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Thats a great look Hoth but need OceanWaves to analyze it.....and hes sleeping.

Yeah I'm sure he was a busy boy last night. Found this little tidbit from a NWS discussion down south:

"As of 300 AM EST: Today`s snow forecast for our piedmont locations
remains highly uncertain as concern exists over the southern tier
U.S. wave sharpening up and acquiring a negative tilt more quickly
than depicted by the operational models."

15 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Yeah I'm sure he was a busy boy last night. Found this little tidbit from a NWS discussion down south:

"As of 300 AM EST: Today`s snow forecast for our piedmont locations
remains highly uncertain as concern exists over the southern tier
U.S. wave sharpening up and acquiring a negative tilt more quickly
than depicted by the operational models."

This has been on a relentless trend to Deepen early, i guess this can deepen to 930 near key largo And still somehow Crush us with strengthening mid levels /we kid or do do we

10 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

Actually the average consumer of weather information doesn't know the difference between a watch and a warning, and generally think all snowstorms are blizzards.

And our watch/warning products are probably some of our most plain language products we have now. What, where, when, and additional details. 

I also don't think we live in a world anymore where we'll be the first word on a storm. Most people are going to hear about it long before we issue a watch for it.

ha ha ha... This is funny ... the frustration embedded in those words is filthy  - 

it's like .. why the f bother, right?   the world is already an 'Idiocrasy' (tremendous visionary cinema...)  ...  

they should just have three categories:   annoying, damn it, ...buy milk...  everyone just sort of symbolically gets it -

Archived