Newest Member
    joxey
Winter model mehhem or mayhem nature will decide

weathafella

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, MarkO said:

Sorry Ginx and any I may have offended. Happy Hanukkah, Kwanza or whatever you may celebrate this holiday season. 

Lol I am celebrating Christmas. NP.

Happy holidays to all. Weather is weather,  maybe next year we white Christmas. Is Pickles done melting, that was a classic this morning,  lashing out at PF too. These 4 days of non winter will pass whatcha gonna do. Nothing locked in stone Christmas day either so we watch how it all shakes out.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah as far as the hemispheric pattern goes, it looks fine to me after Christmas. Obviously we have no idea about the details.

Just so happens the reset happens exactly when most don't want it but I don't understand the writing off of Dec or the rest of winter. Weird posts today 

13 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Just so happens the reset happens exactly when most don't want it but I don't understand the writing off of Dec or the rest of winter. Weird posts today 

Nobody wrote off December.

I said I was close because we have like 5 day window. 

As far as the rest of the winter goes, I think I explained why I feel mid winter may not be very wintery in the outlook. Still banking on a late come back.

47 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I agree with you.  But I think Ray and some others expect a winter hiatus for most of January and February.    There is no sign of that t me but what do I know?

16 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Of course-but as we’ve found out so far setups and ground truth are 3 different things.

Yeah we could also score some good events in a meh pattern. Happens all the time at our latitude. Just like we've been kind of frustrated in this current pattern outside last Saturday (Monday was good in  CNE/NNE) 

Our nanny state's minders ought to ban "White Christmas" and other movies/songs like that. Too many fragile souls being traumatized by a warm up around the 25th of December in a part of the country (SNE) that averages between 10 and 50 percent chance of an inch or more of snow on the ground on that date. Whatever your feelings about Christmas (I'm Eastern Orthodox and love it whether it is celebrated on December 25 or January 7 (Russian Orthodox, Julian calendar 12/25). Snow is always a bonus, but hardly a necessity when it comes to celebrating the birth of the Messiah in a part of the world where the chance of snow on his birthday is statistically about zero.

We've had our first decently cold December in awhile. Most of us have seen the ground white for the past week (or at least part thereof). The annual Grinch event ought to be on everybody's calendar by now. Winter will proceed with snow, sleet, rain, mild-ups (and maybe even a long hiatus according to some), and freeze downs. K, rant done.

Archived