December 2017 Mid-Long Range Disco 2

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

EPS mean is seasonable for Christmas

eps_t2anom_m_ma_30.thumb.png.c679a9a51d7f3aebb0417bc026f54e84.png

Mean is ever so slightly faster than 0z on FROPA. But as Bob rightly pointed out, the mean temp probably doesn’t tell you much. If the front lags, we torch. If it gets through, we freeze. Not a huge middle ground, although some CAD could create some.

3 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Mean is ever so slightly faster than 0z on FROPA. But as Bob rightly pointed out, the mean temp probably doesn’t tell you much. If the front lags, we torch. If it gets through, we freeze. Not a huge middle ground, although some CAD could create some.

Looking at individual members, it's clear that the torches skew the mean, since if it's warm on Christmas, it's gonna be a torch. 18/26 members show average or below average

eps_t2anom_25_ma_30.thumb.png.d988a2fa554378bbc9494aca95046fc6.png

5 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

Looking at individual members, it's clear that the torches skew the mean, since if it's warm on Christmas, it's gonna be a torch. 18/26 members show average or below average

eps_t2anom_25_ma_30.thumb.png.d988a2fa554378bbc9494aca95046fc6.png

That was really great for you to post.  I understand it so much better now with warm changing the mean.  All or nothing is what it looks like for the most part.  I am encouraged a bit.  I know its just another day for some but for me cold or warm changes my mood on the 25th.  it always has and always will.  Best memories are cold...not warm with everyone complaining the house is hot.  we get plenty of warm/hot days...25 Dec not welcome from me. 

14 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I like these panels much better.... Upped the ante on cold and precip post Christmas. Mean low temps in the teens @ d10+ happens like never. lol

.7 mean mean precip after the 25th. That's the most I've seen yet. 

KDCA_2017121812_forecast_EPS_360.png

KDCA_2017121812_forecast_EPS_precip_360.

Deep winter coming up ,  right at the low point of the sun, i love it  :-) 

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic

Archived