Newest Member
    joxey
December 2017 Mid-Long Range Disco

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

For d4+ leads, I'm pretty thrilled with what the euro just spit out....

Yes, it looks pretty nice... if we can get it to come a bit further NW we are in business IMO... and I think mitchnick mentioned it, but slow the clipper down just a tad as well and we should get a nice lil event

Ggem, ukmet, and euro ops all showing a light event is not a bad position to be 4.5 days out. Especially since they all inched west from their previous runs. If EPS can hold or improve, I’d be quite happy to totally flush the gfs. 

P.S. jma looks good.

FWIW, LWX was stating it its morning AFD that the UL flow was more N to S

Current model forecasts tend to
keep this energy sheared out and thus the surface low tracks well
offshore. However, highly meridional (north to south) upper level
flow, with a very strong ridge positioned near 120 W longitude
during this time argues there is room for error in this forecast
track. This time period bears watching in the coming days.

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Ggem, ukmet, and euro ops all showing a light event is not a bad position to be 4.5 days out. Especially since they all inched west from their previous runs. If EPS can hold or improve, I’d be quite happy to totally flush the gfs. 

P.S. jma looks good.

That's Ji's job to post that

And I expect the EPS to look a little better since the OP moved west a tad... or at least I hope so.

2 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

P.S. jma looks good.

Add the German and the NAVGEV to that as well. Not too shabby a group.

23 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Euro showing a pretty potent vort pass on the 13th. No much precip on the panels but it's a good track. Fantasy range or not, I'll always be happy when a NS vort gets under us. 

Looks like it refreshes Salisbury's snow pack a bit lol.

But yeah we can book that one- I have to drive to Philly that day.

5 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Looks like it refreshes Salisbury's snow pack a bit lol.

But yeah we can book that one- I have to drive to Philly that day.

Another one on a nice trajectory d10. I know that this stuff is fantasy so it's not like I'm banking on little pieces at long range. Just liking the tracks they're taking. Clippers always have the nice pretty fluffy snowflakes that are easy to inflate snow totals with. 

Just now, Bob Chill said:

Another one on a nice trajectory d10. I know that this stuff is fantasy so it's not like I'm banking on little pieces at long range. Just liking the tracks they're taking. Clippers always have the nice pretty fluffy snowflakes that are easy to inflate snow totals with. 

some don't need a clipper to do that   :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

The one day 10 has the most energy with it also, and its heading in during a time the long range models have been keying on so its nice to see it there.  Thats all we can take from that ATT.

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived