December Banter String

George BM

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, H2O said:

ummmmmmm

posting PMs w/o the other person's permission is a no-no

i dont even care, i told him in his message, exactly what i said here. i have no idea what the problem is. not sure how i can help? 

but im feeling uneasy either way

Just now, mappy said:

i dont even care, i told him in his message, exactly what i said here. i have no idea what the problem is. not sure how i can help? 

however, this is all a bit creepy for my liking. 

Him sending a PM over this seems a bit much.  And the bullying?  Gimme a break.

i get what you are saying

2 hours ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

That new thread has almost no objective analyses!

What exactly do you want?  Showmetgesnow gives a great detailed breakdown of the runs each morning. Bob and others also chime in frequently with analysis but during the day most are working and busy so posts tend to be quick observations. Not sure what you expect to see when you enter the thread. Pages of nws forecast discussion clones?  

6 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

What exactly do you want?  Showmetgesnow gives a great detailed breakdown of the runs each morning. Bob and others also chime in frequently with analysis but during the day most are working and busy so posts tend to be quick observations. Not sure what you expect to see when you enter the thread. Pages of nws forecast discussion clones?  

I honestly believe it was everyone involved being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

3 hours ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

That new thread has almost no objective analyses!

After analyzing all of your posts I objectively think you should stop taking every post on a weather forum so seriously.  Don't worry so much about how exactly others should discuss weather and what specific format and thread they should post in. In short relax, chill out, and try to have some fun in here and stop worrying about it.

Good enough for you?   

2 hours ago, Vice-Regent said:

He didn't go full circle, it had to be done.

Everyone seems to want a say, so I'd like to know what that is all about.  If backing up my comments is not welcome here, then so be it.  This may ban me, but I hope people realize I have no negative intentions and never have except for my one deliberate cross-forum bashing during hurricane season this year.  I get the sense there are multiple people here who refuse to accept the way I post.  That's human nature!  We can't all be friends (it's literally impossible for everyone to for multiple reasons that I prefer not to get into).

A similar unnecessary fiasco between the same people happened last year when a comment I said like today was taken out of context and I apologized for not being clear enough.  If any other forum member said the same two comments I made recently that were apparently not relevant as banter, this would not have happened and that's a shame.

I take insults very seriously, because they always do more harm than good.  That is who I am.  I care how people feel and believe any community has an obligation to prevent this type of thing.

To take this a step further, what happened today was between long-time members here who have been strong contributors to the forums (way beyond me!)  Saying this may sound like beating an old record, but I make strong efforts to learn something from everyone here and never in a bad way!  Specifically with snow maps, none of us would understand the advances we have collectively accomplished without the few long-timers (before me!) who were always first to call bs or give the green light. 

Embrace weather weenies, pro mets, and everyone in between!  In the end, we're all in this together, I hope! 

This is the last from me about this topic.  I promise!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived