Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
December Banter String

George BM

1 hour ago, leesburg 04 said:

Starting to feel like the models duped us for December. The next weeklies I suspect won't look so tasty. It's early so no panic....let's see if th cold comes as advertised

Frankly, it was an exquisite trolling of the snowfall prediction contest by the models, as the hype in the last 10 days of November led to some pretty high guesses and led some people (including me) to up their previously fairly low guesses in the last few days. Tip of the cap to the models for a well-played joke.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, mappy said:

hey @mitchnick i think its a Berk joke. If I recall correctly he use to harp on "atmospheric memory" with storms on why they will do something different than models show. 

I've been preaching that for years, that's why I'm hoping this d@mn thing will get us for fear we'll see more of this down the line. But it's early, so anything that falls now would be gravy. Ughhhhh, more gravy....

People will hate me for saying this, but while I was a student at NOVA years ago, I remember running nwp in their open access Cafeteria PCs watching New Orleans being threatened by decent snowfall.  I was there from late 2007 to late 2009.

http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2008/12/rare_snowfall_blankets_metro_n.html

25 minutes ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

People will hate me for saying this, but while I was a student at NOVA years ago, I remember running nwp in their open access Cafeteria PCs watching New Orleans being threatened by decent snowfall.  I was there from late 2007 to late 2009.

http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2008/12/rare_snowfall_blankets_metro_n.html

I don't hate you for that.

;)

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived