Newest Member
    joxey
Early Winter Banter, Observations & General Discussion 2017

powderfreak

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Out at MB right now. I swear we are getting legit small hail with gusty winds. This is definitely bigger than regular old graupel. 

Two lightning strikes up by MWN. They reported PL and I just wrote in my AFD that it might be small hail. 

Forecast soundings support some elevated instability.

2 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

I can't wait to disagree with some of your ratings like your analysis of the 00z Euro. :drunk:

Beer ratings are always to be taken w/ a grain of road salt.  Individual palates, individual opinions. 

The true beer aficionados, like the late, great, Michael Jackson (author, not the pop star) have palates that are discerning across the entire style spectrum. Plus, all palates are a bit different and we all have a right to an opinion. 

That being said, I've had Tree House and Trillium (the ivory towers of New England Style IPA) offerings that I enjoy and some I think are slightly out of balance and not executed well.  You may not like all their styles but some of the New England breweries that have well executed takes on most styles are: Alchemist, Two Roads, Maine Beer, Banded Horn, Cambridge Brewing Company, Mystic, Proclimation, Stone Face.  There is at least one from every NE state in that short list. 

:beer:

29 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Beer ratings are always to be taken w/ a grain of road salt.  Individual palates, individual opinions. 

The true beer aficionados, like the late, great, Michael Jackson (author, not the pop star) have palates that are discerning across the entire style spectrum. Plus, all palates are a bit different and we all have a right to an opinion. 

That being said, I've had Tree House and Trillium (the ivory towers of New England Style IPA) offerings that I enjoy and some I think are slightly out of balance and not executed well.  You may not like all their styles but some of the New England breweries that have well executed takes on most styles are: Alchemist, Two Roads, Maine Beer, Banded Horn, Cambridge Brewing Company, Mystic, Proclimation, Stone Face.  There is at least one from every NE state in that short list. 

:beer:

CBC was my jam when I lived in Kendall Square. Two Roads and NEBCO in CT make reliably good stuff too.

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

FBD is great. Had it a few times.

G-Bot is meh ish IMO 

Did you get FBD directly from the brewery? lol, you're spoiled if you think G-Bot is meh. Still, I suppose if you're used to eating sylphides a la creme d'ecrivesses and tambale de ris de beau Toulousiane (i.e. Trillium/Treehouse/Farmstead), everything else must be peasant food. 

7 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Did you get FBD directly from the brewery? lol, you're spoiled if you think G-Bot is meh. Still, I suppose if you're used to eating sylphides a la creme d'ecrivesses and tambale de ris de beau Toulousiane (i.e. Trillium/Treehouse/Farmstead), everything else must be peasant food. 

I actually had Bot before I ever had TH. I just didn’t think it was anything special. I’ve had FBD a few times at a restaurant in Tolland that gets it on tap. I got cans once or twice from the store when I used to go to Packys

Archived