Welcome to American Weather
downeastnc

Hurricane Jose

66 posts in this topic

Yeah like there isnt enough to track....reminds me of years like 95,96,99,05 etc...though this thread should be rather dead till Irma does her thang.

jose.png.db93821a853eb8266cc20163bc41043d.png

Hey! Don't look now, but Jose became a hurricane earlier today without anyone noticing.

This one looks like one of those standard OTS tracks, but we'd better keep an eye out anyway. No?

6 hours ago, mackerel_sky said:

TWC says Jose's path/forecast trac, now pointed at US! After a weird loop and pointed at Miami at day 10 on Euro!!!

Our local Met says Jose will need to be watch closely after it does it's expected loop.

Jose looks like it is going to get trapped under the ridge in the Atlantic before eventually kicking off to the NE.  Looks to be no threat at all to the US.

5 hours ago, yotaman said:

Now a Cat 4. Amazing to have 2 cat 4 hurricanes at once with both threatening land.

I wonder when the last time three consecutive storms all hit cat 4?  Harvey/Irma/Jose

2 hours ago, LithiaWx said:

I wonder when the last time three consecutive storms all hit cat 4?  Harvey/Irma/Jose

How about 2?

1 hour ago, ldub23 said:

Latest models and trends. Might end up a bigger threat than Irma.

To steal a response from earlier in this thread--No way Jose!

(my thanks to Ipo for inspiring this post)

Well IF Irma tracks further west that would allow Jose to get further west too....and that big high that is gonna shove Irma NW over the SE will keep Jose from slipping off the the NE....after that who knows the GFS and Euro loop him a few times off the SE Coast and bring him kinda close especially the Euro....

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=ecmwf&region=watl&pkg=mslp_wind&runtime=2017090812&fh=390&xpos=0&ypos=0

12 hours ago, ldub23 said:

I think its going to get very  close to the US.

GFS,GEFS,JMA,Euro, Navgem and Ukie agree

00Z GFS closer to the Euro this run....sti/l moving NNE already SSE of Hatteras will probably loop around NC and hit NE and give the NE weenies something to freak about....