Newest Member
    joxey
Tropical Banter Thread

Rjay

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, mappy said:

You know why? Because crap posts were deleted there. So they came to the main thread to post worthless banter

i still think you were a little too nazi about it but today is a new day and randy has given you a shot to prove yourself.  time to black ops this biz the best you can, make a name for yourself, and maybe they will give you a green tag when hoosier moves on.

Just now, cmasty1978 said:

i still think you were a little too nazi about it but today is a new day and randy has given you a shot to prove yourself.  time to black ops this biz the best you can, make a name for yourself, and maybe they will give you a green tag when hoosier moves on.

Did you see what happened last night? Two pages of NAM talk because none of us were around to be "nazis". 

11 minutes ago, mappy said:

hey, green tagger. wtf man. why the heck was the last thread so awful? lazy ass. :)

Honestly, it's hard to keep up with the rapid fire sometimes.  A lot of stuff has been deleted, perhaps not as quickly as some would like.  We are in there digesting the good posts in addition to scanning for bad posts/stuff to delete.  With storm mode, it's guns blazing with no regrets.  Thanks kush. :P 

3 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Honestly, it's hard to keep up with the rapid fire sometimes.  A lot of stuff has been deleted, perhaps not as quickly as some would like.  We are in there digesting the good posts in addition to scanning for bad posts/stuff to delete.  With storm mode, it's guns blazing with no regrets.  Thanks kush. :P 

Just giving you a hard time, because I can. 

If Irma goes over Cuba and weakens and then keeps ticking W tracking along the W Coast of FL, while there will still be widespread damage etc, for the major metro from Mia thru Palm Beach and for much of the general public who dont understand TC forecasting and impacts, this could potentially go down as one of the biggest busts in modern wx history in the eyes of the general public. Obviously sparing several huge resort towns is the bigger deal, people will make an even bigger deal over 'just another overhyped forecast' etc. We all know it's coming.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

If Irma goes over Cuba and weakens and then keeps ticking W tracking along the W Coast of FL, while there will still be widespread damage etc, for the major metro from Mia thru Palm Beach and for much of the general public who dont understand TC forecasting and impacts, this could potentially go down as one of the biggest busts in modern wx history in the eyes of the general public. Obviously sparing several huge resort towns is the bigger deal, people will make an even bigger deal over 'just another overhyped forecast' etc. We all know it's coming.

I don't think so because of how large the impacts will be. Yes maybe SE Florida doesn't see catastrophic damage but somebody will. I fear Tampa may be under the gun soon.

So, I've been behaving on the main topic.

I used to live in Marathon, was in the eye of Betsy, Inez and Fran, and lots of remnants. Because of living in the Keys, I was well schooled in the '35 storm.

I have a question about storm surge and steering. It seems (per what I read from the NHC about surges), that the storm surge is a vertically rotating column of water that gets upset when it encounters land.

Does anyone know offhand how deep that goes? And it is possible that a deep surge would be able to affect the path by "bouncing" off shallow undersea features near land? 

I don't think so because of how large the impacts will be. Yes maybe SE Florida doesn't see catastrophic damage but somebody will. I fear Tampa may be under the gun soon.

I know but that population from MIA to Palm Beach. Even Tampa may be spared if the Cuba landfall trend continues to increase. Funny how 24 hours ago approx most guidance had GA/SC border bullseyed as a landfall spot.....hardly a doubt, they said. What a difference a day makes. Maybe by tomorrow it can traverse Cuba, weaken to a TS, and just die a rotten death in the Eastern Gulf. Wishful thinking anyway. Seriously tho, who knows for sure?

Archived