joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tropical Banter Thread

Rjay

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When there's so many people saying "don't focus on the points, focus on the cone," I really wish the NHC would consider not using forecast points on their graphics outside of three days. Go ahead and build the cone out to five days, and normal people would of course look right at the center of the cone to assume that that's the likeliest path, but I truly think that those Day 4 and 5 points on a map can be counterproductive to the rest of the message.

(An example version attached)

mycone.jpg

16 minutes ago, jacindc said:

When there's so many people saying "don't focus on the points, focus on the cone," I really wish the NHC would consider not using forecast points on their graphics outside of three days. Go ahead and build the cone out to five days, and normal people would of course look right at the center of the cone to assume that that's the likeliest path, but I truly think that those Day 4 and 5 points on a map can be counterproductive to the rest of the message.

mycone.jpg

Violently agree.

With the size of this eyewall, even a landfall in central Everglades National Park would likely be a big problem for Miami, and that is still well within the margin of error.  Of course a landfall more towards Everglades City or Marco Island would be better for Miami, but still pretty rough.

8 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

With the size of this eyewall, even a landfall in central Everglades National Park would likely be a big problem for Miami, and that is still well within the margin of error.  Of course a landfall more towards Everglades City or Marco Island would be better for Miami, but still pretty rough.

What are the radar and IR sims showing for this around landfall and just after? 

42 minutes ago, jacindc said:

So, a Joe Bastardi-like graphic? I kid.

Archived