Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tropical Season 2017

40/70 Benchmark

4 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Probably a 55-60 mph TS with those winds in a small area on the east side.  This thing probably gets destroyed by the shear and is just a nasty nor'easter

Also Jose loses the water warmth a day before getting here.   If 26C is reasonable t sustain a tropical system, SST will fail.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bostonseminole said:

Poor James, he's got passion, people should relax a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If by "relax" you mean tolerate egregiously incorrect posts, while any efforts to remediate are met with resistance, then that concept is about as ridiculous of some of the posts in question.

He isn't "new" anymore...he's been here a few years.

Dude, watch what would happen if he ever took that $hit into the main thread....this is mild.

Anyone with a true passion for the weather is interested in learning and accuracy.

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Ha, interesting euro. Although ensembles do not seen as far west...but definitely trended Nw. Looks like trough not as sharp in Canada.

I can see a scenario where the idea of it coming due north to maybe around 40N/71W is right but its probably going to make a decent right after that.  I still think any landfall is unlikely and that more likely a scare happens

If by "relax" you mean tolerate egregiously incorrect posts, while any efforts to remediate are met with resistance, then that concept is about as ridiculous of some of the posts in question.

He isn't "new" anymore...he's been here a few years.

Dude, watch what would happen if he ever took that $hit into the main thread....this is mild.

Anyone with a true passion for the weather is interested in learning and accuracy.

People were a little rough on him and there was no reason for that’s all I was saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

People were a little rough on him and there was no reason for that’s all I was saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agreed, and he has a genuine enthusiasm for weather....he is no different than a few other folks on here and he adds more analysis and logic to his posts than those folk(whether or not the perception is perceived as accurate from the schooled mets/academics is debatable)...but he tries...so at worst he is a little dramatic

at least he doesn't rip and read from twitter and facebook...that is huge!

8 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

NHC claimed they moved the track west but it sure was hard to see where.  They may be gambling the models are overcorrecting somewhat at the moment.

Yeah I would wait to see what today brings instead of knee jerking to the NAM and a couple of globals that hit the sauce last night.

7 hours ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Thats gonna be a disaster for NHC if that ends up being correct.  They gotta be sweating the Euro run now

Really -

Not to be a confrontational.. but a couple facets make me wonder if that would be entirely fair:

1  ...  forecast error is well advertised ... some tools are worse than others, but 200 to 350 mi by 120 hours. Much, if any impact at all outside of long-shore swells permeating way out  from 00z's initialization of Jose...wouldn't be felt until ~ 90 hours?  But more importantly, the perceived center of the cyclone wouldn't be nearing those latitude/longitudes until 96+ hours.  That puts the forecast error responsibly outside of fault.  There is (related) also a reason the old mantra of not focusing on the eye of the cyclone, works. 

2  ...  their hashed "cone of uncertainty" as it is called does in fact encompass regions as far W as CT to central MA up through SE Maine...  I think these 'bump NW' solution fit into that..

..I get why you are saying that, though?  These facets may be correct, but the public is touchy with this sort of thing .. and it's at best an unpleasant PR minefield trying to negotiate explanation courses around a track that verified a destroyed harbor, when their "official" track guidance' may not have been anywhere near said harbor.. 

That's the unsavory position... Those that were not directly affected ...will begin to eventually see the intellect/logic of it and agree that it's not NHC's fault... However, those that really do suffer any monetary losses due to the storm?  Forget it!  They will elide those principles of reasoning in order to justify exacting a liability revenge. 

We haven't lived in a culture that exactly embraces and accepts personal culpability in any breath it takes ... since... I dunno, the boon time of Lawyers began circa 1970s and 1980s.. I think it's related to relative affluence of the society as a whole.. Wild digression for a moment, but despite any poverty, travails or perceived iniquities amid our echelons being no different than any other industrialized societies of the world, ours are, fairly,  categorize-able as having less of those... We've lived in relative/comparable success, ease and comforts ...for many decades ...really since WWII. Despite any recession ...despite this and that... we have by and large emerged to dust off and never really be worse for the wear. That's provides a culture that leads to unilateral senses of entitlement - "affluenza" occurring in everyone, not just in a particularly egregious examples in a court room in Texas. And the first thing that people of privilege do when faced with the reality of something they hate?  Blame other people ;)

Archived