Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tropical Season 2017

40/70 Benchmark

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha I felt like I missed something...there was a James quote about you that I couldn't find so figured there were some extras thrown in.

I'm all for enthusiasm but wishcasting is painful to read. 

Its absolutely nauseating...to demonstrate this toxic blend of irreverence and ignorance, and then assert that you are just trying to learn once people lose patience.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Not convinced Maria is gonna be a non issue for the US. If not the pattern supports the Caribbean acting up . Active year

No way....I just haven't started on it because I am completely spent after Irma, but its a real threat.

Hurricane Irma really drained me.

14 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

How 'bout just naming a hurricane 'Monster' ... that's a nice androgynous name that could be a he or a she.  then you could have hurricane demon.  followed by hurricane monkey in the the closet... 

Let's be careful of the name 'Monster'.   That was the name of my beloved cat that passed away last year.  Best name for a cat that ended up being a love!  Hurricane Monster heading our way.  That has quite a ring to it.  Maybe we can get NHC to get that down in the M list if Maria ends up being retired!

I jumped the gun on the microwave imagery, I wasn't wishcasting Ray, I simply misread the microwave imagery, I'm still learning how to use and understand the microwave imagery. OceanStwx corrected my misuse of the information on a few posts then all of a sudden I am a wishcaster. You people look at me like I am some sort of freak who wishes devastation on everyone. I never wish harm on anybody. I have friends in St Thomas who made it through the hurricane, but there Island was destroyed their lives turned upside down. I felt drained after Irma, I have more energy now for Maria, but I don't wish harm on anybody. I live for the excitement of the marvels of nature, but unfortunately hurricanes impact human beings and you can't do anything about it other than warn then

15 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Not convinced Maria is gonna be a non issue for the US. If not the pattern supports the Caribbean acting up . Active year

Reasonable and good post.   My issue was blowing a gasket with the storm in its current state being the dawn awakening itself.   We all have precious little time to be suppportong the shenanigans of a cape code,MA man child.

12 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

No way....I just haven't started on it because I am completely spent after Irma, but its a real threat.

Hurricane Irma really drained me.

Have a lot of family in Fla, did really well in getting them minute by minute stuff when they lost power.  Lucky break. Sister in JAX actually got hit worse than sister in law in Clearwater. They gusted in the 80s in Jax and then flooded all around them.

Like I opined at length back around page ...54 of this brief novel of a thread... Tropical enthusiasm has got to be the most tortured waste of one's time of all these head scratchingly purposeless devotions that set squarely under the heading of weather phenomenon.  Hands down...  hours if not days to months of ones life at the end, standing before David, the great IRS agent in the sky ... where in the hell all that time was spent -.

Like I opined at length back around page ...54 of this brief novel of a thread... Tropical enthusiasm has got to be the most tortured waste of one's time of all these head scratchingly purposeless devotions that set squarely under the heading of weather phenomenon.  Hands down...  hours if not days to months of ones life at the end, standing before David, the great IRS agent in the sky ... where in the hell all that time was spent -.

I often feel that way after a 2-4" event that could have been more, at one point, but wasn't ever going to be for at least three days prior.

Add that to your psychoanalysis journal.

Critical day tomorrow down there with actual track intensity probably nailed down. Can't even imagine . Even if Maria hits islands relatively untouched by Irma many of those islands are harboring refugees. Hopefully it doesn't organize like Snow Goose said but looking at Sat, Shear and Modeling it appears ready to tighten up quickly.

15 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

I often feel that way after a 2-4" event that could have been more, at one point, but wasn't ever going to be for at least three days prior.

Add that to your psychoanalysis journal.

Firstly... that's not intended as some condescension ...just in case.  that's 'commiseration'

that said, I actually draw a distinction between tropics and winter -related events.

The former has almost no chance at every point in time.  At least with winter weather events, there is a legitimate argument for being involved in the party in that 20 to 50th percentile In those winter scenarios that seem or turn out less likely just before hand, at least one had a f'n chance to begin with --

hint, this is commiseration also. 

Obviously the chances with Jose or Marinara or whatever the f "HER" name is going to be ..are not 0 ... but, in reality and humor aside, the pay back for the devotion is just not really worth the journey to me.  I'm not gonna attempt to lie and say I wouldn't get excited if there was a Category ..23 XClass Carrington Event about to blow out of YellowStone Caldera just before a comet impact... of course.  But, it's a matter of frequency of returns for ones investment ...

It almost seems we'd be better of with tropical horse blinders on until three days before hand and let the other 10 days marinade with effort rather turn toward life fulfillment for f sake. haha.

Archived