Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Nothing wrong with some days of rain.  11th-13th was our last substantial rain event.

Sitting at 60F currently too.

Wettest summer locally in many years for me. 2 massive storms last week. Can't go more than 2-3 days without rain. These cold days in summer suck though I'm sure the usual suspects will talk about opening windows and how great it feels while they're hunkered down inside playing board games 

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Wettest summer locally in many years for me. 2 massive storms last week. Can't go more than 2-3 days without rain. These cold days in summer suck though I'm sure the usual suspects will talk about opening windows and how great it feels while they're hunkered down inside playing board games 

I loved yesterday's low-dew max of 71.  However, I doubt if anyone can find peeps who enjoy rainy July days with highs 15F BN.  If we can get an inch of rain from this mess I'll be fine with it, as I'm 3.2" BN for rain since June 1.  A repeat of last July's cold rain, 2 days with max 59 and less than 1/2" precip, is a total loser.

Pouring.

55F here and 45F up at the picnic tables.  They should be able to drop down towards 40F later today.  Can MWN make it down near freezing?

Nice late July bright banding circle too, albeit its location away from the radar makes me think the snow level is at like 7,000-8,000ft.

FH3WC9l.gif

30 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

8.29 since June 23rd

11 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Nice steady rain this morning. The plants were starting to need it. About 1/4" so far.

Yeah this is good for the garden...been wet but its actually been a little bit since a soaking rain.

Currently getting the like 0.10/hr type rain that the garden loves.  Looks like 0.4-0.5" so far in the Stratus.

Archived