Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol yea totally enjoying my day off. Monotony? Haven't you had like 6 t storm warnings this summer?

Nothing close to severe here. And yeah, day after day of 82/59 gets boring after awhile. Sorry you had the day off today. I'd be mad in that case too.

making a late inning comeback here, less than .1 at noon, backyard stations around me now over .5".

Been 10 days since last measurable and those events underperformed, was starting to dry out a bit here, glad to see the downpours.

50 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It'll be nice when you're back in winter mode and not troll I hate warm season mode 

You make it too easy though....

You gotta accept that this summer is just not gonna get it done for big heat. We'll get our few days of course here and there...esp torch spots like BDL, but it's not one of those summers where a coastal storm turns into 77F and muggy every time...this summer, the ugly days are mostly verifying. It's just that type of pattern.

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You gotta accept that this summer is just not gonna get it done for big heat. We'll get our few days of course here and there...esp torch spots like BDL, but it's not one of those summers where a coastal storm turns into 77F and muggy every time...this summer, the ugly days are mostly verifying. It's just that type of pattern.

That's the thing... of course he's gonna get trolled when he keeps hyping the warm side of things when this summer has shown if anything the cooler side verifies.  

The blown short term forecasts have been pretty funny and obviously will get trolled because it's trying too hard to make it warm and summery during these "mild downs."

Then we get the classic overreaction posts about how everyone wants it frigid and are about to defriend him haha.

Today is playing out exactly how the models showed it would in terms of temps.

11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah that's where I've erred . I always think the warm SST's will offset the dry feed from the NE..Typically this late in the season when you flip winds E or ESE.. you just get cooler but muggy. Instead this year we cold and nasty. Thankfully this seems like the last one of these 

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah that's where I've erred . I always think the warm SST's will offset the dry feed from the NE..Typically this late in the season when you flip winds E or ESE.. you just get cooler but muggy. Instead this year we cold and nasty. Thankfully this seems like the last one of these 

Past summers definitely have gone warmer at least excuse possible.  Like if models have 85F, why not throw out 90F and it'll likely verify. This one seems to be a bit of the opposite.  

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

idk...this is perfect weather for a Monday. It's a nice change from the monotony.

Have some spaghetti sauce w/meatballs in the fridge, waiting for a day like this.  Plus the rain may douse the torches at the public hearing we (town planning board) are having tonight concerning a proposed development.  Won't do much for the pitchforks.

Nice chilly nights coming tomorrow night and then again this weekend. 

lol at the NAM MET for SLK with 36F tomorrow night.

"Calm, clear and drier airmass will allow for good radiational cooling, especially outside of the larger valleys. We should see temperatures drop into the 40s for many colder spots in eastern Vermont and the 'dacks. The NAM met guidance has Saranac Lake going down to 36f (brrr) degrees. Don't think it will be quite that cold, but 39-41f is quite reasonable for that notoriously cold location."

Archived