Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, radarman said:

Sucks.  Weird that both the mobo and the drive failed at the same time, unless you had a power surge or a lightning strike or they both got wet somehow.   Might be worth one last try trying to access it after you boot from a new HDD/SSD.  But it might just be shot, bummer.

And BTW, every time you put an OS on it's a new opportunity to install linux ;)

I have a comp here with linux on it, but I'm not great with the OS. Weatherlink is windows only and I have special programs that I wrote that specifically use the wxlink data files. I could edit the files to work with another program, but I just don't have the time right now.

i think my old hdd needs 5vdc and 12vdc to run so maybe the sata to usb adapter wouldn't work anyway? 

18 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

Jerry,  Glad your having a great time in QC!  Isn't it an amazing place.  Winter is fantastic.  Constant flurries with Christmas lights on every building. Thanksgiving should be good.  I would guess they usually have a snowcover by then without it being super cold.  QC really does get very cold in mid winter being so far north....

Cobblestone streets, the snow, the shops and food.  The best kept secret without having to travel to Europe.  Enjoy!!!!

Gene, it looks like Quebec temperatures average around 32 for a high by thanksgiving.  Down to around 18 for a high in deep winter.  I think  snow is a given.   Their monthly November total is similar to boston's snowiest month.

2 hours ago, weathafella said:

Gene, it looks like Quebec temperatures average around 32 for a high by thanksgiving.  Down to around 18 for a high in deep winter.  I think  snow is a given.   Their monthly November total is similar to boston's snowiest month.

Temps look similar for those at CAR, not sure how snow compares - just under 300 cm avg at CAR.  QC will get more from the St.Lawrence runners, CAR better with other synoptic.

this little stata rain deal today reminds me of a winter time "little critter that bites" -

getting some solid production out of a very deform looking band that extends arcing from CT through N Mass to S NH... uniform moderate.  

56 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Temps look similar for those at CAR, not sure how snow compares - just under 300 cm avg at CAR.  QC will get more from the St.Lawrence runners, CAR better with other synoptic.

303cm annual snow.  I'll take and run!

I always love it where there's a south wind everywhere including Maine, ... except for eastern Massachusetts ...which is being bathed in Atlantic cold death ... blithely wafting in from the NE as though God himself would be powerless to stop it ...

Seems more metaphysical than physical when this sets up ha!

Archived