joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trimmed the weekly bushes this afternoon and weed whacked after mowing before the storm last night. Stung again in from same bush by white faced hornet.. in arm this time.. pulled a tick off leg outside .. came in to shower and found 3 more on legs and azz. Like we live in the Rainforest with this humid month we've had and look to continue to have 

28 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Trimmed the weekly bushes this afternoon and weed whacked after mowing before the storm last night. Stung again in from same bush by white faced hornet.. in arm this time.. pulled a tick off leg outside .. came in to shower and found 3 more on legs and azz. Like we live in the Rainforest with this humid month we've had and look to continue to have 

You should wear longs.  You DONT want Lyme.  

39 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That's not very smart, spray the damn nest, don't wear shorts in the woods.

Didn't u have a big nest last summer?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Better take care of that nest before it gets huge. They can grow quickly in size in July and August. 

I see them flying into and hovering over it.. but it's such a big deep bush. It's like looking into a cave. I was being so careful I thought.. thing shot out of nowhere and hit my arm. Got me in the hand last week. 

3 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

I drove down to New London and got to see first hand the look of the trees.  Swaths of the area looked like April with respect to foliage.  Glad we don't live there.

I am in Falmouth and there are Oak trees covered in dead gypsies.  it is like they instantly die as soon as they start crawling up the tree and contact the fungus. Pretty cool.

Maybe I'll transport some fungus infected bark to hard hit areas of MA and CT. 

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I am in Falmouth and there are Oak trees covered in dead gypsies.  it is like they instantly die as soon as they start crawling up the tree and contact the fungus. Pretty cool.

Maybe I'll transport some fungus infected bark to hard hit areas of MA and CT. 

I'd bring back whatever you can and try and get it them to give birth in NW Mass. We need to spread the gypsies up into that area.

19 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

Its one of my top 3 views in Shelburne.

great shots, played golf with a young kid from shelburne falls wednesday, said he was from there and asked if i heard of it said, i said yeah, he was surprised

Archived