joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been getting hammered here in Brooklyn. Not the drunk-on-crappy-craft-beer-Kevin kind of hammered.  All the way home from Manchesr I was driving in the heaviest of cells ever.  I think it was with me the whole way. that was an hour ago or more. It barely let up for 10 minutes and has been relentless ever since.  About 20 minutes ago I heard the loudest cracking of thunder I have heard in my life. 

THE LOUDEST EVAH!!!

1 minute ago, Cold Miser said:

I have been getting hammered here in Brooklyn. Not the drunk-on-crappy-craft-beer-Kevin kind of hammered.  All the way home from Manchesr I was driving in the heaviest of cells ever.  I think it was with me the whole way. that was an hour ago or more. It barely let up for 10 minutes and has been relentless ever since.  About 20 minutes ago I heard the loudest cracking of thunder I have heard in my life. 

THE LOUDEST EVAH!!!

The only person left in America that drinks Corona Light instead of IPA/Double Ipa's/

Stay safe ya hear.

I decided to bite the bullet and book a trip out west next month to chase the solar eclipse. Although the April 8, 2024 eclipse's totality path is much closer to home, it's a sketchy time of year weather-wise statistically speaking. Besides 7 years a long time and a lot can happen...

I'll be flying to Denver and staying just north of town and then driving up I-25 into Wyoming into the path of totality. According to this ASOS climatology (https://ncics.org/portfolio/monitor/eclipse-2017/) of cloud cover at the time of the eclipse I have 85-90% odds of clear skies.  

I had considered driving down south to SC or something, but afternoon convection can be a problem and all it takes is one cumulus cloud to block out the roughly 2 and a half minute totality. Looking forward to this with eager anticipation.

15 minutes ago, dendrite said:

58F and we drop and drip

Sunday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 84.
Sunday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 63.
Monday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 83.
Monday Night
Patchy fog after 2am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 63.
Tuesday
Patchy fog. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 83.
Tuesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 65.

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

% of beers sold in the USA, elitists think their beer is best. I will drink pretty much anything other than Bud, Busch, Narragansett  Miller or any light beer

Snob

I actually had a Bud Light at a concert a couple of weeks ago that I paid $10 for

Back in the day that would buy me a case of 16oz Milwaukee's Best cans

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

Snob

I actually had a Bud Light at a concert a couple of weeks ago that I paid $10 for

Back in the day that would buy me a case of 16oz Milwaukee's Best cans

I really rarely drink at all anymore, the occasional Guinness or IPA but never liked any light beers. The craft beers are great but the price is nuts, fads are like that though

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I really rarely drink at all anymore, the occasional Guinness or IPA but never liked any light beers. The craft beers are great but the price is nuts, fads are like that though

Yeah, just paid $75 for 12 pints (bottles) of Maine Beer Co. beer. You'd think they would offer it cheaper direct from the brewery, but they still charge $6 per. Last year was in a bar in naples and ordered Maine Beer Co. Lunch beer. Had three of those, got the bill and was shocked to see $36! That's like NYC or Boston prices. Ridiculous.

Archived