Welcome to American Weather
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BxEngine

March Banter Thread

726 posts in this topic

Banter in here. Banter includes: jim cantore's travel plans. The posting habits of snow starved weenies. The psychology of pessimism. Whining about how 6"-10" isnt "your storm". Rjay's nose picking habit. Etc etc...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With hopefully somewhat of a  historic March snowstorm coming up Tuesday our friends at TWC have been putting out some very misleading data regarding the greatest all time snow events in NYC from March first forward. Below is the real list  for March 1 forward by rank.

20 Largest March 1 thru April
Snowstorms NYC
Rank.Amount..Date
1…….21.0……..March 12-14, 1888
2…….18.1……..March 7-8, 1941
3…….14.5….....March 3-4, 1960
4…….14.5….....March 1-2, 1914
5…….12.0……..March 15-16, 1896
6…….11.8…..…March 19-20, 1958
7…….11.6……..March 18-19, 1956
8…….10.6….....March 13-14, 1993
9…….10.2……..April 3-4, 1915
10….10.0…..….April 13, 1875
11….10.0……...March 2, 1896
12…...9.6……...April 6, 1982
13…...9.4……...Feb,28-March 1, 1949
14…...9.0……...March 22, 1967
15…...9.0……...March 4, 1893
16…...8.6……...March 5, 1981
17…...8.5…..….April 1, 1924
18…...8.3……...March 1-2, 2009
19…...8.0……...March 17-18, 1892
20…...7.7……...March 6-7, 1915

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Banter in here. Banter includes: jim cantore's travel plans. The posting habits of snow starved weenies. The psychology of pessimism. Whining about how 6"-10" isnt "your storm". Rjay's nose picking habit. Etc etc. 

Ya know you can actually be quite funny...I got a good chuckle reading this ( and yes I am guilty of most of the above, save the nose picking bit....by the way that's a treatable condition)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm feeling good about my location here in NJ. A number of models have that band setting up over northern NJ into the LHV. We have a bit of a ways to go and things can still change, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nibor said:

I'm feeling good about my location here in NJ. A number of models have that band setting up over northern NJ into the LHV. We have a bit of a ways to go and things can still change, though.

NNJ into the HV looks to be ground zero at this point. Animal in West Milford is prob gonna jack with this one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to the wind on the Island. 2 Blizzards in one year is special. I think winds will be much stronger for upcoming storm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rjay said:

Full weenie panic mode here on LI

It's like they haven't seen a snowstorm in 20 years lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Paragon said:

It's like they haven't seen a snowstorm in 20 years lol

The word 'Blizzard' throws some people into a panic, especially with a three day lead time.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Full weenie panic mode here on LI

Which I can somewhat understand, the posters in western areas of the metro crying about only getting a foot of snow are unbearable. The storm thread was beyond melodramatic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Snowshack said:

The word 'Blizzard' throws some people into a panic, especially with a three day lead time.  

Today is my normal grocery day and I am already regretting going to the store.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nibor said:

Which I can somewhat understand, the posters in western areas of the metro crying about only getting a foot of snow are unbearable. The storm thread was beyond melodramatic.

Yup.   I'm honestly in weenie panic mode lol.   I NEVER get like this.   If there is no tick east today I will be sad but will accept my fate.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rjay said:

Yup.   I'm honestly in weenie panic mode lol.   I NEVER get like this.   If there is no tick east today I will be sad but will accept my fate.  

So pull up your pants!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nibor said:

I'm feeling good about my location here in NJ. A number of models have that band setting up over northern NJ into the LHV. We have a bit of a ways to go and things can still change, though.

I'm feeling pretty good too here - imagining worst case scenarios... Catching subsidence from a massive band to my N&W, potential mixing (maybe a 20% proposition) - still, it's hard to imagine not getting at least 15" from this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Yup.   I'm honestly in weenie panic mode lol.   I NEVER get like this.   If there is no tick east today I will be sad but will accept my fate.  

Youre gonna perturb your way to 22" quit it ya whiner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bluescat1 said:

Today is my normal grocery day and I am already regretting going to the store.

We went to Stop and Shop at 9pm last night and the store was empty.  We were told that (at both supermarkets in town) during the afternoon the cash register lines stretched all the way to the back of the stores.  They were in full restock mode and there was a semi unloading at the back dock so pretty much everything was good to go other than bread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   1 member