Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Model Mayhem VI

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It does slow a lot between ACK and the outer cape much like Jan 2011 did so well have to watch that. 

I couldn't believe what I was reading last night. It was like a dream peeps mehing that Euro run.  Some hard liquor on a Friday night must have been involved. 4 more Euro runs left in the period 

Should be high impact in terms of the NEISS number I would think (hope I got that right)

I doubt I get in the top 5 all time, or even top 10, but it should be pretty sweet.  Ray's write up is great.  I do like how he uses the collective "we".  This will help with ski conditions at the icy bump

Like MPM eeyored, it might be tough to beat Rocktober (22" here) but it should be denser

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I couldn't believe what I was reading last night. It was like a dream peeps mehing that Euro run.  Some hard liquor on a Friday night must have been involved. 4 more Euro runs left in the period 

You should throw up the kuchie lala  map to satisfy the hungry hounds. They need to see 40" on maps or its not real.

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Nemo or bust, and an entire bottle of wine

13 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Parallax issues ?  ...that's a new one for me...

or, wait - is that similar to the perspective issues they have with fragmented image integrations with intelligence satellite imagery?   that's where they have to sky scrapers right next to each other and because of slight variations in the vantage the buildings look like they are leaning on one another... 

So probably similar. If a satellite hits the side of a cold cloud it is not smart enough to know that's cloud and not surface radiation it is sensing. So it assumes it is surface, displacing the satellite image features north (in our hemisphere), which by makes the wave causing the cloud to appear shallower. This becomes more of a problem the farther north you are.

Same issues can occur farther south with tall convection.

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I am cautiously optmistic out here. A little nervous, I admit....Jan 15 dark cloud hangs over my roof, I need to break it up and never look back. 

yup and I will gladly take a wicked wcb thump to some mix before a half foot of arctic sand at 1mi vis for like 15 hrs before the sun comes out and then 2 inches of mid level magic a day later

at least Jan 05 had a decent waa thump with the clipper but the actual redevelopment snow from that was only 2-3 additional inches here

and while you did well with boxing day....that was probably the worst of all of them here

31 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I know I sound like a broken record, but this thing just screams Jan '11 to me. I like where we sit right now. Queens can deb all they want, this looks great.

3 minutes ago, Hoth said:

I know I sound like a broken record, but this thing just screams Jan '11 to me. I like where we sit right now. Queens can deb all they want, this looks great.

Its fine man, keep beating the drum. I took a look at that yesterday on ewall and it has simliarities for sure. If we can get it to tug pretty much same time then we let it out.

45 minutes ago, Hoth said:

I think Will, you and I have thought this for a while, Will is just a lot more cautious about throwing out analogs

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Not surprising after many here were posting "all-timer" and "Jan 2005" after the 12z Euro run Friday.

How often does an all-timer for SNE occur from a southern stream system? Sure this has a good shot of being a historic storm by DC-Maine March standards.

Just now, wxsniss said:

Not surprising after many here were posting "all-timer" and "Jan 2005" after the 12z Euro run Friday.

How often does an all-timer for SNE occur from a southern stream system? Sure this has a good shot of being a historic storm by DC-Maine March standards.

Qpf Queens gonna queen 

Archived