Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem VI

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Well not sure 30"  is happening. I also prefaced it by saying depends on where you are and if you rate it by month. But even in western areas, top 5 ever? Still don't see it. If it slows though, all bets are off. 

If it slows down, bets will be on how many shots of tequilla you pound Tuesday night as you're crying in some bar in Dallas 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Well not sure 30"  is happening. I also prefaced it by saying depends on where you are and if you rate it by month. But even in western areas, top 5 ever? Still don't see it. If it slows though, all bets are off. 

Not sure why a euro solution is not reasonable. that puts epa nnj into sw ct in a pretty spot. But whatever 24 or 30" just does not matter at this point. Thats a silly debate for my personal weenie record book. 

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Not sure why a euro solution is not reasonable. that puts epa nnj into sw ct in a pretty spot. But whatever 24 or 30" just does not matter at this point. Thats a silly debate for my personal weenie record book. 

Sure it's reasonable. My take was the overall setup from aloft to surface. It wasn't the most classic ever for an all timer, but it's a doozy look. Of course you'll always have lolly jacks even in some looks that aren't always classic. If it slowed than all bets are off. Euro was classic look for NJ to western SNe.

1 minute ago, JC-CT said:

Stop being a debbie. Widespread 1.5-2.5 from DC to ME would be an all timer, even if it wasn't the most snow in any particular location's backyard.

I prefaced it by saying depends where you are. What you describe is something different and if even 12-18 happened from DC to ME in March, it would be one of the greats for the month.  You guys need to wrap your weenie around your legs and tuck it in a bit.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I prefaced it by saying depends where you are. What you describe is something different and if even 12-18 happened from DC to ME in March, it would be one of the greats for the month.  You guys need to wrap your weenie around your legs and tuck it in a bit.

Or, maybe some of us just respect the impacts of the storm as a whole and don't need 30" of snow every 7 days to consider it a good winter. While others of us have been terribly spoiled...

:weenie:

2 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Or, maybe some of us just respect the impacts of the storm as a whole and don't need 30" of snow every 7 days to consider it a good winter. While others of us have been terribly spoiled...

:weenie:

Well you need to take a lesson from Tip and not let emotions impact your judgement. :)

Just now, CoastalWx said:

It does slow a lot between ACK and the outer cape much like Jan 2011 did so well have to watch that. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Well you need to take a lesson from Tip and not let emotions impact hour judgement. :)

You have been transparent as the raindrops that will be dropping on James' head, my friend.

Maybe it's semantics but I consider an all timer to be a storm that shuts down a huge area. I think this one will do that.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

It does slow a lot between ACK and the outer cape much like Jan 2011 did so well have to watch that. 

It's close. But look how fast the srn vort flies north but doesn't close off until overhead or just north. If that was just south, then I think it would greatly enhance chances for an incredible event, instead of a mesoscale deformation band. It's early anyways, but I was just going into the diagnostics of the whole thing.

1 minute ago, JC-CT said:

You have been transparent as the raindrops that will be dropping on James' head, my friend.

Maybe it's semantics but I consider an all timer to be a storm that shuts down a huge area. I think this one will do that.

I'm really not rooting for a fail. Not sure why you believe that. I would never root for a fail because I wasnt there. I'd rather come home to huge piles and a nice pack.

3 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Yea man, the big picture for sure.

He is having a tough time, understandable. But i know some of us rubbing it in his face is causing him to debbie it even more. So if it's not a 30 burger for BOS, then its a meh. 

Its fine though, the brawls have begun on time as expected.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

What a crush job up here on the overnight runs. That late hook/stall is what puts it over the top. My guess is that trends a bit NE over the coming days. 

Yeah the Messenger (RIP) east ticks should start about 36 hours out in these situations.  Maybe even 24 hours out...then we watch each HRRR and RAP run tickle east as well. 

We know the playbook.

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

What a crush job up here on the overnight runs. That late hook/stall is what puts it over the top. My guess is that trends a bit NE over the coming days. 

Right, the GFS and euro would be huge there because of those features. Something I was trying to get across.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah the Messenger (RIP) east ticks should start about 36 hours out in these situations.  Maybe even 24 hours out...then we watch each HRRR and RAP run tickle east as well. 

We know the playbook.

I just mean a later hook....so more into Maine before it starts gaining longitude westward...not necessarily a trend east. Of course that can happen too. 

Archived