joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem VI

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had my run-ins with Tip, but in his defense this is a model discussion thread and, as such, all opinions should be welcome, not just those favorable to a big snowstorm.  And as a Met, his thoughts should, and do, carry more weight than most of us on here.  Picking on a "5+ day" statement is petty.

1 minute ago, 78Blizzard said:

I've had my run-ins with Tip, but in his defense this is a model discussion thread and, as such, all opinions should be welcome, not just those favorable to a big snowstorm.  And as a Met, his thoughts should, and do, carry more weight than most of us on here.  Picking on a "5+ day" statement is petty.

Its as petty as pointing out that the event is still 4-5 days out.

Lets discuss facts.

44 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

doesn't come across that rational to be blunt. 

when someone cites a very real and objective reason not to really take the x,y,z model too seriously, and immediately it ignites a series of response that attempt to erode value off the veracity of that content ... okay. 

that's not how to run a rational perspective on matters - sorry.  it just ain't. 

but, it's all good (or bad) whatever.  people are going to do what they do, regardless - 

but what i said still is true, the wave length is too long between this thing and the ridge in the west, and that may be both why the Euro is not phase proficiently, but also kind of getting the region lucky (for lack of better word).  

we'll see...  anomalies do happen. 

Cosgrove has been on this train.

40 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Link us up to those series of responses. I for one addressed a factual inaccuracy in your post, and quietly contemplated the rest of it. If you are looking for pats on the back for suggesting [valid] ways for this to not produce snow for posters in this subforum, then it's all on you for being clueless about where you are posting. Go start your own board, no weenies allowed. See how well it does.

Great post!!!   Perfectly put!!  That needed to happen! 

If it sh*ts the bed in the next couple days..I think most of the regulars here understand that's a distinct possibility..and are well aware of that.   

The discussion has been superb imo!!  It's what we do here...and it's ok to be a LIL excited about what we see unfolding...and we all know that any one of these depictions/models could be wrong/or also close to being correct.

It's great we even have the opportunity to track a winter system...so I'm appreciative of that alone.

Tippy says we scrape :(.  At this lead time I'd like to see the biggest snows over PF and ALB, because just like the clipper, suppression is always more likely than inland runner.

On another note - if the Kuchera ratios are so out of whack.....why don't they just get rid of it or modify it? What's the point?  

5 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Tippy says we scrape :(.  At this lead time I'd like to see the biggest snows over PF and ALB, because just like the clipper, suppression is always more likely than inland runner.

On another note - if the Kuchera ratios are so out of whack.....why don't they just get rid of it or modify it? What's the point?  

Because it attempts to use more science than a 10:1 ratio, but it just can't handle all snowfall scenarios. Like near isothermal snowfall, shallow, near-zero warm layers, or very cold surface temperatures.

On 3/6/2017 at 8:57 AM, Powderboy413 said:

The euro loves coming up with these roof    collapsing scenarios lol, what's this the 2nd one in 3 days 

Excuse me but if you want to call me a weenie I disagree. My own barometric home system says otherwise. The cfx radar and the microbing of elemental molecules indicate big wind chill as well. Big storm big wind chill. My whole family is prepping. The gfs and Cfx radar. Get it out of the BALLPARK.

2 minutes ago, Weatherexpert said:

Excuse me but if you want to call me a weenie I disagree. My own barometric home system says otherwise. The cfx radar and the microbing of elemental molecules indicate big wind chill as well. Big storm big wind chill. My whole family is prepping. The gfs and Cfx radar. Get it out of the BALLPARK.

:weenie:

Archived