• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gino27
    Newest Member
    Gino27
MetHerb

Spring Banter & General Discussion/Observations

Well ... if we choose to believe the EDD product at NWS Taunton's site ...91 is popped at multiple locations.

But I'm wondering, NAM MOS has 97 at KBED tomorrow, over a DP of 62.  That should HI out at around 97 or 98...  is that enough for a heat advisory?  I know the criteria was recently adjusted by I don't recall the specifics. 

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Well ... if we choose to believe the EDD product at NWS Taunton's site ...91 is popped at multiple locations.

But I'm wondering, NAM MOS has 97 at KBED tomorrow, over a DP of 62.  That should HI out at around 97 or 98...  is that enough for a heat advisory?  I know the criteria was recently adjusted by I don't recall the specifics. 

No it is not. New criteria is 100-104 for any duration, or 95-99 for 2 consecutive days.

4 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

No it is not. New criteria is 100-104 for any duration, or 95-99 for 2 consecutive days.

heh, watch the DPs roll in at 68 now - 

Looks like torchy BDL is back. 93F there and HFD 88F.

BDL 93
BAF 92
CEF 91
FIT 91
CON 90
MHT 90
BED 90
LWM 90
OWD 90
IJD 90

HFD seems a bit low but their wind came in at South vs West at BDL. Perhaps a bit of cooling going on right along the river at HFD  with a S flow  that BDL, at 3 miles West of the CT river and 12 miles further north isn't experiencing.

1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

Just had our yearly severe weather simulated warning event. Our SOO chose 7/18/16 for the event, so training may be the best event of this year too.

It was the event that @wx2fish passed along damage pictures up in Pittsburg. So I did manage some small lead time on the tornado because I recognized that as I saw the couplet forming. 

Cheater!

In all seriousness, I'm glad you guys took a look at that. In a place where we don't average many tornadoes, everyone counts. I bet Wx2fish is like a proud papa for that one. :lol:

Looks like we're doing this with 17-18C 850s this afternoon. Looks like 19-20C tomorrow afternoon so tack on a couple degF to today?

Cranking straight into summer.

40 degree diurnal swing.  85F now off 45F this morning.  Still ticking up.

Beautiful stuff with dews in low 50s and a good breeze.

18 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

In all seriousness, I'm glad you guys took a look at that. In a place where we don't average many tornadoes, everyone counts. I bet Wx2fish is like a proud papa for that one. :lol:

I think I'm more impressed by his pictures the day after we surveyed, when he got a canoe down river for more fishing and found even more damage. 

Hindsight, yeah I can see why it was a tornado, but in real time I'm not sure you can argue with not issuing at TOR either (it is like 8,000 feet AGL up there). But it did have a 35 knot Vr shear couplet.

94 here.

Big bust by gyx as has become typical for warm days.  I was forecast mid 80's today.  Sometimes I feel like I just get the Portland forecast pasted on my area.

Just now, bobbutts said:

94 here.

Big bust by gyx as has become typical for warm days.  I was forecast mid 80's today.  Sometimes I feel like I just get the Portland forecast pasted on my area.

Or MOS typically busts this time of year. 

It's a lazy forecast (rip and read) but we're not ignoring you.