Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, SJonesWX said:

upstairs of my house was an oven last night. we installed.

Upstairs at my place was quite warm.  We opened windows and installed...screens.  ;)

Was nice walking our dog this morning at near 60, much preferred to a couple months ago, those two Saturdays with subzero temps and strong wind.  Our rescue from TX had a hard time with that, though like most dogs she's learned to love snow.

Trivia note:  Yesterday started my 20th year of records at my current home.  We moved here on 5/15/98 but I didn't get the max-min in place until late the next day, so initial obs day was the 17th.  Guess that delay voids my weenie card.

1 minute ago, tamarack said:

Upstairs at my place was quite warm.  We opened windows and installed...screens.  ;)

Was nice walking our dog this morning at near 60, much preferred to a couple months ago, those two Saturdays with subzero temps and strong wind.  Our rescue from TX had a hard time with that, though like most dogs she's learned to love snow.

Trivia note:  Yesterday started my 20th year of records at my current home.  We moved here on 5/15/98 but I didn't get the max-min in place until late the next day, so initial obs day was the 17th.  Guess that delay voids my weenie card.

10 more years and you can compile normals. 

26 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Assuming I can still read the instruments and work the computer.  :lol: 

For now I'll continue with my "live" averages, formulas that self-update with each day's entry.

lol...I do the same thing.  I hit 30 years a couple of years ago and wondered what I should do with the normal - freeze them or keep rolling them.  I decided to just keep them recalculating.

4 minutes ago, BillHarding said:

Special Weather statement issued. 

NOAA changed their forecast to "Severe Thunderstorms" for today and tonight. We'll see about that.

Mid level flow is decent, low levels show inverted V forecast soundings, some gusty storms would not shock me. Especially farther west where they can capitalize on the diurnal heating max.

3 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

if today busts out west you will have missed nothing there so far, in fact they are having one of the quietest seasons I can recall

They had some really active periods early on and it's become active as of late.  May quiet down though for a bit wth mean trough axis in the east 

9 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Mid level flow is decent, low levels show inverted V forecast soundings, some gusty storms would not shock me. Especially farther west where they can capitalize on the diurnal heating max.

Once the sun sets we should develop quite a bit of sfc CIN.  Perhaps parts of western/south-central VT into western MA can squeak out a "svr" storm which knocks down a dead tree

Archived