Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Did the political and climate subforums move? I would respond to the name calling bigotry but nah.

Yeah I was hoping to avoid that and stick purely to the science aspect of it...but alas...guess it's too hard for some people. 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's not "bigotry" in any of that  -  ... learn.

And no, I'm just responding to the notion of 'AGW'  - which others have been using that abbreviation wrt global warming.  Not me -...

I expanded on it, fine, but the instigation was a team effort there.

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I've come to find there are two types of skeptics in GW, and they are both azzholey type of people:

2  ... provincials with the same immorality.  They just intuitively/sense what  # 1 is talking about as 'my kind of peeps' and they knee jerk back those exposition of ideology/spectacles without any other capacity or willingness to critical

Wait there are still skeptics?  

I thought it was a done deal that it's warming, folks just disagree on the causes?

13 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Heavy, heavy snow.  Impressive squall.

8F and falling...lol

We had gorgeous squally activity last night here along rt 2 in Mass.  A narrow band was moving nearly parallel such that it last a good 20 minutes - we had about an inch and a couple moments in that time span where the street lamps went down to dim orbs of pale yellow lights.  I poked my head out the door and like is usually the case with snow bursts of that nature, the sound of the city was temporarily muted.  I love that affect/effect -

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Wait there are still skeptics?  

I thought it was a done deal that it's warming, folks just disagree on the causes?

Yes and no. Unfortunately (and potentially, sadly) there are those in high public office now in control, with the power and wherewithal to enact policies that are not only antithetic to the cause of not making the problem worse, they are (if perhaps unwittingly,...or immorally so) threatening to do just that. 

Trump himself has stated that global warming 'is a hoax'

A hoax. Really. 

But, ...tell you what.  I'm about to delete that post because although I really did not say anything wrong, immediate response are angry - so... in deference to peace... I'll return the forum attention span back to the dreamy diversion of sugar plumb snow storm fairies.  :) 

28 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Still 9F at almost midday. Impressive airmass. It's not quite 2007, but it's damn close. Still spitting flurries.

We've picked up 1-2" of literally arctic sand here at the mountain....it has to be the smallest flakes imaginable but the visibility has been low all day.  Its like a fog that's accumulating.

12pm temps with elevation on the snowmaking control site:

3,600ft...-15F

2,650ft...-10F

1,550ft...-5F

All with winds gusting to 40mph at 1,500ft and over 60mph at 3,600ft.

Pleasant chair lift rides.

Looks like even the valley got into some of these squalls.

MVL ASOS this morning with SN+ at 4/-2.  That's some winter right there.

KMVL 041235Z AUTO 34013G24KT 1/4SM +SN VV009 M16/M19 A3034 RMK AO2 P0000 T11561189

Currently 2F at MVL in the valley at noontime.  That's cold.

41 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

We're sending the Arctic front your way. It's through GFL and RUT. 

Cooler air may be arriving now.....hit a high 16.0 ten minutes ago and just now dropped dopped to 15.5.

Also, just won $1000 on a scratch ticket.   According to the lottery website, the odds of that are 144,000:1.  Those are better than the EPS blizzard.

If you're a winter enthusiast ...this air mass/synoptic evolution on whole epitomizes the face smack pointless cold. 

If you're a spring enthusiast ...this air mass/synoptic evolution on whole epitomizes the face smack spring suppression.

Amazing.... really 0 redeeming value in this air mass.

Archived