Newest Member
    joxey
February Medium/Long Range Disco Thread 2

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, mappy said:

If I was you southerners, I'd be hugging the Euro. 

... ill be hugging the nam. 

The good news for us is a euro gfs compromise actually is perfect for us.  That isn't an awful place to be.  Also experience says being inside but along the NW edge of the better qpf is also not a bad spot to be going into an event.  

Just now, psuhoffman said:

The good news for us is a euro gfs compromise actually is perfect for us.  That isn't an awful place to be.  Also experience says being inside but along the NW edge of the better qpf is also not a bad spot to be going into an event.  

Oh i know. Euro keeps us cold the whole time, just heavier qpf is south. NAM has me in the jackpot. ;) 

6 minutes ago, yoda said:

72 :o

You know, for half a second I thought you were referring to the high temperature for Wednesday (which may not be far off, haha!)!  Then I looked at more of the Euro discussion and maps, realized you were talking about the forecast hour...and still cannot believe the Euro is "Dr. Yes" for this right now?!

Just now, Deck Pic said:

SV maps are 1-3" in the city proper and to the north and west, but they are pretty finicky when temps are above 32.  Still a good counterbalance to the wxbell maps which seem to have accumulating snow as long as the temp is below 50...

Yeah. I know.

DC is at ~40 at 66hr when precip makes its way in

But sitting right at 32 for 72hr when precip is the best

I could see 2-4" for DC I think. 

1 minute ago, Deck Pic said:

SV maps are 1-3" in the city proper and to the north and west, but they are pretty finicky when temps are above 32.  Still a good counterbalance to the wxbell maps which seem to have accumulating snow as long as the temp is below 50...

That's some heavy rates even if the surface gobbles up half the accums. It would be a lot of fun just watching it and not caring about being the biggest accum. I'm going to slantstick the F out of it either way. 

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

It's a proverbial tree bender/small branch breaker. White asteroids and broken pine branches is a beautiful combo. If this solution holds I'm not sleeping wed night. lol. 

LOL!  And power outages to boot, I'm sure, if that comes true!  Still have memories of losing power for 3 days after Commutageddon in Jan. 2011.

Archived