Newest Member
    joxey
February Medium/Long Range Disco Thread 2

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DCTeacherman said:

I'm setting bar for D.C. proper at seeing an inch of slop on decks and grass, and even that is gonna be tough I think.  We don't do cold chasing precip well in the immediate metro. 

I'll support that idea, for about the third time this year! 

5 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

I'm setting bar for D.C. proper at seeing an inch of slop on decks and grass, and even that is gonna be tough I think.  We don't do cold chasing precip well in the immediate metro. 

I first read this as you were sitting in a bar.. and thinking - wow this winter has been so bad that.. oh wait! LOL

3 minutes ago, BTRWx said:

I'll support that idea, for about the third time this year! 

I've been burned so many times hoping good dynamics would overcome a putrid antecedent air mass, and I usually come up empty handed.  

1 minute ago, midatlanticweather said:

I first read this as you were sitting in a bar.. and thinking - wow this winter has been so bad that.. oh wait! LOL

Sitting in a bar at 10:10 am on a Monday waiting for the GFS run to come out would be a low.

1 minute ago, DCTeacherman said:

I've been burned so many times hoping good dynamics would overcome a putrid antecedent air mass, and I usually come up empty handed.  

Sitting in a bar at 10:10 am on a Monday waiting for the GFS run to come out would be a low.

I was going to say...

Since the track of this weeks possible event is being influenced more by the speed/depth/placement of the departing low and its effect on height fields in its wake vs. the more typical departing high kinda of deal, keep an eye on height contours each panel. 6z gfs lowered heights just a little from 0z. That's an important trend because we are walking a thin line with little wiggle room. 

This winter has been terrible. It's a bad year. Plain and simple. However, all we need is this thing to slow down a little or LP placement be 50 miles south east and everyone's back in the game. Again, based on this winter so far, probably not going to happen but we still have another 2-3 runs to get some decent shifts. 

Archived