Newest Member
    joxey
Gnarly Nor'easter 1/24 to 1/25/17 our favorite week

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Obviously but there had been talk of a prolonged period of sleet in CT.. and his answer was boat.

So I'm guessing that means 50 and rain wire to wire while ORH north gets crushed.

Euro looked like NW CT would see some wintry precip but south and east of there does not

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Obviously but there had been talk of a prolonged period of sleet in CT.. and his answer was boat.

So I'm guessing that means 50 and rain wire to wire while ORH north gets crushed.

850 temps fall below zero there at 60 hours there so there could be some sleet or mixed precip for a time. Sfc is kind of warm but I'm always skeptical of sfc temps in these setups. They are too warm about 99% of the time. 

At any rate the exact solution doesn't really matter right now. The tick colder was good and makes 00z continue to be relevant. Another tick and you'd prob get a good scalping.  

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It could be 34F and rain wire to wire would probably be a more accurate statement.

You are one tick colder from at least some sleet and ZR.

Your temps at 925-850mb are like +1C to +3C while northern ORH County is -4C. 

At 72 hours it has IJD with +7C while Hubbdave is -2C.  Its pretty ridiculous the gradient. 

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

As models currently stand, Worcester getting crushed is still pretty low odds. The cold trend would have to continue on all models at 0z.

My guess is we are still trying to figure out final solutions at 12z tomorrow.  Big bust potential in either direction for CNE  in particular.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It could be 34F and rain wire to wire would probably be a more accurate statement.

You are one tick colder from at least some sleet and ZR.

Your temps at 925-850mb are like +1C to +3C while northern ORH County is -4C.  Quite the gradient.

Thanks. Ginx had +8 over CT so that seemed like warm .

Good luck up there 

Archived