Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Gnarly Nor'easter 1/24 to 1/25/17 our favorite week

Ginx snewx

15 hours ago, mahk_webstah said:

I Hhave to ask...why is the snow total so choppy over Merrimack County?  Why would there be a wide strip of lighter snow between Laconia and Concord?  Although your tiniest yellow dot is near my house, and I see you've kept Brian in the yellow. 

Well it's all been blown away now by the mid shift, but the reasoning was strong E flow favored the higher terrain E upslope when I did the QPF grids. The resulting snowfall really wasn't a huge difference though, mainly a color scale thing. 5.4" versus 6"

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Well it's all been blown away now by the mid shift, but the reasoning was strong E flow favored the higher terrain E upslope when I did the QPF grids. The resulting snowfall really wasn't a huge difference though, mainly a color scale thing. 5.4" versus 6"

He will be fine when you place him back in the yellow shading so he can get his .60"

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Well the mets said N CT is out of the talk for snow, but I was hoping for a ping fest or lots of zr

I think it may help nrn CT with more IP or perhaps ZR? Your latitude sort of hurts because of strong warming just off the deck so it may cause a 32.5 rain for a longer time. 

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

He will be fine when you place him back in the yellow shading so he can get his .60"

Honestly, I am wondering what happened on the mid shift. I haven't read our AFD yet, but unless they purposefully went warmer than guidance the GFS forecast soundings for CON are warning snows before drying/dry slot brings mixed precip. We only have 2.8" in the forecast there.

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Honestly, I am wondering what happened on the mid shift. I haven't read our AFD yet, but unless they purposefully went warmer than guidance the GFS forecast soundings for CON are warning snows before drying/dry slot brings mixed precip. We only have 2.8" in the forecast there.

Maybe still celebrating our new prez?

27 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Well i wondered as well when i looked at the map and saw PWM cut back to 1-2" and less further east that it looked like somebody saw some warming but don't know where because 0z was showing it start to cool some.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

The difference in ULL track is amazing between guidance right now. This run has the H5 low over Erie PA at 66h. The previous run was over MD and some models like GGEM are over ORF. 

What changed synoptically that drove the models away from a more offshore solution from a couple days ago? Is it just the strength of the block over Hudson Bay?

Archived