joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Storm 1/6 - 1/8, 2017

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Brick Tamland said:

The precip is supposed to last all night.

But it was already supposed to be snowing and sleeting and it's not across Wake.  The map I posted above showed the demarc and it's back in Siler City up toward Durham and that has to drop south.

Just now, packbacker said:

But it was already supposed to be snowing and sleeting and it's not across Wake.  The map I posted above showed the demarc and it's back in Siler City up toward Durham and that has to drop south.

It is sleeting here. And I didn't think it was supposed to start snowing until after midnight. Still a long way to go anyway.

1 minute ago, Brick Tamland said:

It is sleeting here. And I didn't think it was supposed to start snowing until after midnight. Still a long way to go anyway.

Well if you want your 10" then you were supposed to have 3"+ by 1am.  Now, I agree, it's going to be very heavy precip from about midnight to 7am or so, but it wasn't supposed to be raining or partly sleeting.

8 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Haha yeah probably.  I've got it bookmarked at work.  But here at the casa de Cold Rain where it's raining coldly, I thought I had it, but I don't.

That thing is really accurate with the transition, I will say that.  The line was kind of hanging in the same spot for a little while, then it crashed south

1 minute ago, Regan said:

Ummm Wral said live on fb to be patient til after midnight, but he thinks the freezing line will be right over the airport in Raleigh. I haven't seen that. Most are across downtown or lower. 

They're also in full CYA mode saying the low offshore now *could* bring in too much warm air. We look screwed, par for the course.

Just now, DopplerWx said:

cc line making its way se now, hope to be all snow here around 11ish how the hrrr has been showing. durm/chapel hill should go to all snow here shortly

my thinking exactly Dopp.  Communicating with my kid in CH to see when this transistions

2 minutes ago, PackGrad05 said:

Fishel just said he "doesn't see any way that Raleigh stays all rain."  However, he "can't rule out that all Raleigh gets is a dusting"

It is crazy in this day and age with all the models and computers and technology we have that mets still have no idea what will happen here when it comes to winter weather. The best they can tell us there is a potential, and we could get a foot or we could get nothing. 

6 minutes ago, PackGrad05 said:

Fishel just said he "doesn't see any way that Raleigh stays all rain."  However, he "can't rule out that all Raleigh gets is a dusting"

I just don't see the warm nose over the rdu airport as he said (or just south). 

• jburns unpinned this topic

Archived