Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

Just now, packbacker said:

It's weird not having access to WB anymore and not being able to see more in depth EPS.  Had it for years and hasn't gotten me anymore snow so figured why flush away that money.  If it's good it will be plastered all over the forums and twitter.

Haha and amen!

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, JoshM said:

Trust me, I saw the EPS, there's a reason it's not plastered anywhere.

It's a hell of a lot colder Day 10...trending colder every run. Down to mid -20c's in eastern Canada at 850. The same area was -17C same time period on 12Z 1/29 runs. Cold in the east written alllll over it. The fact that it's the EPS mean this far out, look out if that holds...it will get cold well into the SE.

1 minute ago, Jon said:

It's a hell of a lot colder Day 10...trending colder every run. Down to mid -20c's in eastern Canada at 850. The same area was -17C same time period on 12Z 1/29 runs. Cold in the east written alllll over it. The fact that it's the EPS mean this far out, look out if that holds...it will get deep cold.

So this means all the storms and energy , will have passed us by day 9! 

:(

9 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Super Bowl storm down to an upper level disturbance on 18z, sliding ese, light rain for everyone 

totally disappointed in the Super Bowl storm, thought for sure we would have a great storm Sunday and Monday but we can't get the cold air here.  What a crappy winter.

4 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

I'd say he's got the door shut, with one nail in it! Waiting on another week or two, to drive in the final nails, and shut this dumpster fire down completely!

Captain Optimism!!! :o  you'll get your snow and you know it............

in 2022

1 hour ago, packfan98 said:

Here's some optimism from the 18z GEFS.  It was very much improved and the best run in over 24 hours:

It looks like some members try to split off some of the energy going into that huge system around hour 162, which travels south and brings some precip to the SE around hour 220-230. Should be cold in our area after the system comes through, so maybe that's why snowfall numbers are improved?

gfs-ememb_lowlocs_us_38.png

59 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

That's pretty spot on !

Spot on for a month that hasn't started yet?

He has busted horribly this winter, and I mean horribly. He only got the first half of December right, and busted horribly for Jan. Wanna see someone who nails it, check out Eric Webb's forecast...attached is dec anomalies. Didn't do bad for Jan either...if his forecasts are any indication, it's an early spring. IMG_6253.PNGIMG_6254.PNG

Archived