• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

I will say these storms, especially the 8th, have so much energy involved it's best to wait before you jump...long way out and run-to-run consistency hasn't been there, despite it not showing a storm in our backyard 

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, franklin NCwx said:

The Sunday storm is about dead.

GEFS ensembles look pretty good for NC, 18/20 members with snow outside the mountains - a light event. 12/50 Euro members have at least a dusting. It actually has more support than the 8th storm, but the potential for anything big has all but disappeared. 

41 minutes ago, Jon said:

GEFS ensembles look pretty good for NC, 18/20 members with snow outside the mountains - a light event. 12/50 Euro members have at least a dusting. It actually has more support than the 8th storm, but the potential for anything big has all but disappeared. 

How can these storms not be tracking to our South with the huge trough in the East being modeled by the ensembles?

1 hour ago, mackerel_sky said:

Looks great! Winter cancel with that look, fo shizzle! Best to just deal with it and begin the healing process! Next winter will be our winter! Weak Nino, prepare for glory! :)

I"ll bet my snowman license, this don't verify!!! Not saying we'll finish BN but we want torch all month. 

29 minutes ago, franklin NCwx said:

Why would anyone base a forecast of the cfs? Garbage model.

With regards to the upcoming storms, they have ALL trended warmer and to all rains! So all the models are much warmer as you head out to the long range! Could they flip to cold next week, maybe , is it likely, probably not! Bet the streak!

2 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:

JB not going with models on all month torch in the east!!! From what I watched it Still could get very interesting around here by midmonth if not before!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The other day he said it was going to be cold and snowy from Oklahoma- NY!? What's the deal!??

The other day he said it was going to be cold and snowy from Oklahoma- NY!? What's the deal!??

Watch his public video for today he still thinks it's going to be very active in the east not extremely arctic cold but moderately cold highs coming down cold enough to produce a winter storm if we can time it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't see the EPS beyond 240, but if the GEFS and GEPS are right, then you can pretty much stick a fork in the rest of the winter east of the mountains.  Coldest air evacuates our side of the globe.  To recharge it over here, it'll likely take another week or two beyond day 15 and then another week or two to get us in a pattern favorable for transport down here.  Hello mid-March.  And marginal cold highs aren't going to get it done this year for most, even with good timing.  We've already seen that.  Given the SSTs or whatever else, we need true arctic air to plunge in and remain nearby.  Unfortunately, this winter just wants to be warm, and that's not going to change.  Time to accept reality, folks.

Archived