Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, SnowNiner said:

Well, the GFS has a killer greenland block/-NAO toward the end of the run...and we still wind up.... cool. Alaskan vortex FTL.  :cliff:

Somebody wake me up when Grit and Wow start posting regularly again. :sleepy:

They will start posting soon if the maps above hold serve :o

10 minutes ago, SnowNiner said:

Well, the GFS has a killer greenland block/-NAO toward the end of the run...and we still wind up.... cool. Alaskan vortex FTL.  :cliff:

Somebody wake me up when Grit and Wow start posting regularly again. :sleepy:

Jon said this morning, keep hope alive! A lot to sort out!! Somebody wake me when Brick starts posting again!! :)

1 hour ago, Cary_Snow95 said:

FWIW ill take this look 9 days out over the 6z every time

6z top vs 12z bottom

6z.png

12z.png

These maps should tell most of us that the models are struggling and not to be taken seriously. I know in my area thats a 14 degree difference in one run, just looking for trends not snow/ice/rain totals yet. 

6 minutes ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

It's been AN for 12 straight months in ATL. No end in sight. We may not ever have a BN month again in our lifetimes.

This is now the worst thing I've read in the forum. I cannot believe you said that. The southeast had 2 amazing winters back to back just a few years ago, with BN temps and plenty of snow. It will happen again. Just because we're in a bad stretch of warmth doesn't mean it will last forever. Geez.

1 minute ago, AsheCounty48 said:

This is now the worst thing I've read in the forum. I cannot believe you said that. The southeast had 2 amazing winters back to back just a few years ago, with BN temps and plenty of snow. It will happen again. Just because we're in a bad stretch of warmth doesn't mean it will last forever. Geez.

ATL has had 1 good winter out of the last 6 winters. 2014-15 probably was my least favorite winter ever.

Archived