Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

2 minutes ago, packbacker said:

Yep, a couple of more weeks is most likely needed.  But days 8-12 look solidly BN, hopefully days 16-25 will also be solidly BN. After that it's March and for my area the average high is 60F so hopefully we torch some again :-)

I remember the good ole days, when my only hope was the 7 day business planner on TWC !! I knew nothing else except the maps would change in the afternoon ( after the new model runs, I know now) and I would watch any chance I could at 20 after the hour and all I was looking for was snow or mix in TX! Simpler times were so great!! We over complicate things now!

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

I remember the good ole days, when my only hope was the 7 day business planner on TWC !! I knew nothing else except the maps would change in the afternoon ( after the new model runs, I know now) and I would watch any chance I could at 20 after the hour and all I was looking for was snow or mix in TX! Simpler times were so great!! We over complicate things now!

Oh yes, those things sure did dig easy back in the 90s.

20 minutes ago, pcbjr said:

BTW pack,

I'm working on a project deadline and am just glancing at weather when I break for a sip of coffee - like now. No time to do this myself, now, but for anyone reading this exchange who might not be up to speed - and for educational purposes, do you have a readily available map or two you might post to demonstrate the difference between a +EPO (bad) and a -EPO (good).

Phil

Here is a good -EPO (top).  For a +EPO just look at day 10 Euro   Complete opposite in AK region towards pole.

EPO-OP.gif

ecmwf_z500a_nhem_11.png

5 minutes ago, packbacker said:

Here is a good -EPO (top).  For a +EPO just look at day 10 Euro   Complete opposite in AK region towards pole.

EPO-OP.gif

ecmwf_z500a_nhem_11.png

Thanks, Pack - coffee is getting to me. You and I and many know this stuff, but I'm sure this simple visual will help some other folks - part of the purpose of doing this posting thing ('least from my point of view). Now back to drafting a memo that has to get submitted before 8:00 AM - but I'll pop in on the next coffee to see what's happening. Again - Thanks! Phil

5 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:

Well just checking in looks like WINTER CANCEL for real? Unbelievable I really thought we would have at least a chance in February I can't believe winter is going down in flames? So sad first day of the month and models already calling it over. #SAD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The General Lee will bring the mojo tomorrow!! Keep hope alive!! I bet Punxsutawney Phil and Lee in GA, have way better accuracy than JB!!

8 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

what makes it very interesting is towards the end of the run that low starts to crank once it gets off the Florida coast. to summarize a paragraph of typing: Baby Steps.

It nailed the last winter storm! The nam gained some respect and cool points with the January storm, I do believe!!

Archived