• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mansour
    Newest Member
    mansour

Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

2 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

How's the DGEX? Havnt heard anything on it for awhile!?

It doesn't start till hour 84.  That said, it probably still accurately shows the amount of snow that will fall.

So we have the Nam and the Paranormal Nam warmer and farther NW.

The RGEM holds serve.

The GFS looks to be coming in stronger.  A nod to the Nam?

8 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

So we have the Nam and the Paranormal Nam warmer and farther NW.

The RGEM holds serve.

The GFS looks to be coming in stronger.  A nod to the Nam?

It's over...GFS shifted NW and we are tainting, by this time tomorrow we are 35F and rain.  GSO to RIC to DC will jack...same ole same ole.

1 minute ago, packbacker said:

It's over...GFS shifted NW and we are tainting, by this time tomorrow we are 35F and rain.  GSO to RIC to DC will jack...same ole same ole.

man, its gonna be boom or bust for us. if we stay all snow we will get crushed, if we mix it will be a bummer but should still get some accums

Just now, DopplerWx said:

man, its gonna be boom or bust for us. if we stay all snow we will get crushed, if we mix it will be a bummer but should still get some accums

I don't know, a 30 mile NW shift now and we are mostly rain.  Still 36 hours out...that's an eternity.  Last time we see GFS run with this type snow for us.

Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 10.49.02 AM.png

1 minute ago, Queencitywx said:

What were yall saying about the NAM again?

Leading the way!  Look how far the GFS shifted the snow max axis.  In just one run.

It's over for Raleigh getting a big dog. We'll be mixture with a couple of inches.  You guys should do very, very well.

1 minute ago, Cold Rain said:

Leading the way!  Look how far the GFS shifted the snow max axis.  In just one run.

It's over for Raleigh getting a big dog. We'll be mixture with a couple of inches.  You guys should do very, very well.

Amazing...what a disaster 36 hours out things usually fall apart for us.  The Euro is going to be a mess for us...I guess we shouldn't be surprised, we never learn.  Good news is our weekend won't be a complete lockdown for us.

The new upper air data must have really thrown a monkey wrench into things.  Darn upper air...helped us at Boxing Day, kills us here.

Just now, DopplerWx said:

can i fast forward 24 hrs now. thanks.

Well I think whatever the Euro shows today will probably be a good bet inside 36.   It will have all the upper data so hopefully we can squeeze some sleet and 1-2" of backside snow.

3 minutes ago, packbacker said:

Canadians must not have gotten the new upper air data, if anything the 12z GEM looks a little weaker, like the RGEM did.

We still good on temps there?

We still good on temps there?

Yes...but give me a few until I get better maps.  The GFS is almost a perfect track for us, QPF max, but barely all snow, from what I can see.  To bad it's SE of where it will end up.  I am putting all my apples in the Euro basket and the UK.

2 minutes ago, packbacker said:

Yes...but give me a few until I get better maps.  The GFS is almost a perfect track for us, QPF max, but barely all snow, from what I can see.  To bad it's SE of where it will end up.  I am putting all my apples in the Euro basket and the UK.

Be happy you have a basket  :P   MBY just has portals :( 

9 hours ago, lookingnorth said:

I'm honestly more afraid of being too far NW than too far SE with this system. I'm afraid there will be more southeast trends in the future, leaving me with little snow.

So much for that fear.

Given the strength (or lack there of) of the SLP and proximity to the coast, I am going to call BS (at the moment) on these SN IP ZR transition zones, it is either going to be rain or snow with a slim corridor of mixing.  This fits climo of a Miller A.

We finally have a major SE winter storm on imminent and this place is a graveyard!

nam scared tf out of everyone. wouldnt be a se storm without everyone sweating bullets 36hrs out.