• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    bvmcode
    Newest Member
    bvmcode

Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Rooting for you guys in NC/SC on this one! Haven't even seen a flurry here in Amsterdam this winter so just remember.....it can always be worse! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, burgertime said:

Rooting for you guys in NC/SC on this one! Haven't even seen a flurry here in Amsterdam this winter so just remember.....it can always be worse! 

I have a hard time believing a city at the same latitude as southern Canada hasn't seen a flurry all winter.

5 minutes ago, burgertime said:

Holy crap....a burgertime sighting. Lol.

24 minutes ago, Snownado said:

I have a hard time believing a city at the same latitude as southern Canada hasn't seen a flurry all winter.

Well believe it. Maybe one, some late night for 2 minutes. Temps have stayed in the 35 - 40f range all winter. I think we've had a handful of mornings where the low was below freezing. Maybe one day with a high at freezing for the day?  Lots of rain. I was in the Pyrenees Mountains over Christmas and conditions were abysmal for the ski slopes. It's been a horrible winter for most of Europe in general if you're a snow lover. 

4 minutes ago, burgertime said:

Well believe it. Maybe one, some late night for 2 minutes. Temps have stayed in the 35 - 40f range all winter. I think we've had a handful of mornings where the low was below freezing. Maybe one day with a high at freezing for the day?  Lots of rain. I was in the Pyrenees Mountains over Christmas and conditions were abysmal for the ski slopes. It's been a horrible winter for most of Europe in general if you're a snow lover. 

That sounds so depressing.

2 minutes ago, Snownado said:

That sounds so depressing.

Meh, I ride a bike everywhere and live in one of the greatest international cities in the world. It's not that bad :guitar:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, burgertime said:

Meh, I ride a bike everywhere and live in one of the greatest international cities in the world. It's not that bad :guitar:

Red Light District. :D I’m flying through Amsterdam when I go to Dubai in September. Lol. 

1 minute ago, lilj4425 said:

Red Light District. :D I’m flying through Amsterdam when I go to Dubai in September. Lol. 

If you have a few hours def. let me know! Can't say I'll join you in the RLD but coffeeshops and and bars are welcome haha 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

We get our best snows when precip starts at 46 degrees! Hit the lights, this s$$t show is over before it started for the Upstate! I love it when temps won’t be an issue!:thumbsdown:

:hug:Temps are always an issue here. Either that or warm noses, not enough qpf, earthquakes, etc. 

10 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

DG’s replacement on WYFF 4, may be worse than him! Max total snow in N Greenville county is 2”! I’m Still going with 4” TR

You’re right on that rain-snow line burrel2 posted. Only fitting. 

Just now, mackerel_sky said:

NAMs are all warmer and dryer, HRRR all rain, ground temps torchy, sun angle, every run of every model is coming in drier and warmer, this threats over!

Forgot to add, winds will dry out pavement and prevent road issues! 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

NAMs are all warmer and dryer, HRRR all rain, ground temps torchy, sun angle, every run of every model is coming in drier and warmer, this threats over!

Excellent. :) 

27 minutes ago, lilj4425 said:

Why is it so warm in the upstate? :axe:

Because if it were colder we'd have a shot at a big snow and that is not allowed here.  Temps are awful here. Went to bed at 44 and woke up at 44. NC gets all the fun.:(

• Sad 1

Big bust potential for I 40 corridor from Marion to Greensboro due to warm temps and light precip rates. A expect a lot of bare grounds 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Big bust potential for I 40 corridor from Marion to Greensboro due to warm temps and light precip rates. A expect a lot of bare grounds 

Yeah, the orientation of the major moisture flow on radar is almost due west to east.  And...it has set up to our south.

9 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Yeah, gotta wait for the coastal to take over to get decent rates unfortunately, but at that point it may be pulling away

5 minutes ago, calculus1 said:

Yeah, the orientation of the major moisture flow on radar is almost due west to east.  And...it has set up to our south.

Exactly...there isn't enough southerly flow and moisture transport, you can also see the high pressure and drier air pushing down from the north. Honestly expect nothing here now and will be surprised with an inch.  

16 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Exactly...there isn't enough southerly flow and moisture transport, you can also see the high pressure and drier air pushing down from the north. Honestly expect nothing here now and will be surprised with an inch.  

And the 12z NAM confirms this

The more I I read the storm thread, the more it hurts. And since I'm a masochist I decided to come here. For what it's worth, at least the storm looked beautiful on the NAM two days ago!

• Sad 1