Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

43 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

That 12z NAM!! Yeah, baby, yeah!!! Non shagadellic! No snow in the upstate, is this the same model we had giving RAH 12” the other day!??

Dewooints ain’t gonna matter if you don’t get the rates, GSO-RAH , 1” at best

Now you’re just having a laugh at this point.  :D

1 hour ago, FatherNature said:

When people start putting car temperature readings in the main thread, it’s time to start drinking.

I'm guilty… Only reason I did at work was it was within a degree of my home weather station which I've found to be accurate. Shows my mental state hoping for a flake and entering the anxiety period. Starting an event in the mid 40's, in the middle of the day, in late february is not great for that anxiety

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kvegas-wx said:

This thread will be loaded by midnight tonight.  Lotta broken hearts across the northern tier of NC coming.  I have a hunch folks down east will "see" some pretty snow that is rate driven with very little to show for it.  We've all been here before.

I just can't believe that it's a lack of moisture that's going to do us in. What a slap in the face after suffering through the wettest start of the year ever.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dunkman said:

I just can't believe that it's a lack of moisture that's going to do us in. What a slap in the face after suffering through the wettest start of the year ever.

Isn’t that the truth?  My yard has been a swamp for weeks and now that we’re on the edge of having the right temps, we can’t buy a drop.

“Our wills and fates do so contrary run.”

Well if this heavier batch coming out of NEGA can't deliver a dusting for me I'm jumping. The lighter returns behind that won't have a chance.  I have light drizzle with occasional flakes mixed in and that's the best I've done so far. Temp stuck on 35.6. Was at least hoping for that dusting to an inch but doesn't look good. Ah, I'm already jumping!:cliff:

2 minutes ago, griteater said:

South of a line from Chattanooga to Cape Hatteras, the radar has looked straight horrid....guess it'll get going down east NC later on, but dang.  Where's the "What did we learn" thread? 

Lol this storm has been an interesting one. I barely have a dusting in Marion and even places about 3k feet are struggling to get more than an inch

1 minute ago, griteater said:

South of a line from Chattanooga to Cape Hatteras, the radar has looked straight horrid....guess it'll get going down east NC later on, but dang.  Where's the "What did we learn" thread? 

Well I was hoping the feed would be more ENE or even NEE  instead of due East, that would have helped a lot. But I maintain that moisture was not the problem for me. I'm closing in on .3 qpf. With cold that could have been 3 inches and counting.  

• Like 1