Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

1 minute ago, griteater said:

All the great southern storms had a DGEX crush job thrown in there

The DGEX would be historic as it's depicted. As stated in the other thread even at hour 192 it looks to still be at it's height (at least over central/eastern NC). Now back to reality, we could still have some enhancement to whatever storm we get. Water temps off the coast are still above normal and could add to a storms development; in which the models may not calculate correctly. So the 6z GFS could still be a good setup.  

6 minutes ago, SnowNiner said:

Don't get get suckered back in, don't you do it...that's how they get you! 

LOL...well the 12z Euro/EPS was a big rainer for us and then 0z Euro/EPS was a cold/dry suppression.  So yeah, hard to get to excited with that model agreement.  Odds are high this 12z suite is different too.  Until we get some run to run consistency it's hard to get excited about anything. 

Everyone NW of the 12z gfs complaining the sweet spot isn't in their backyard. Don't they know we always get that NW jog as we get closer? You should be cheering you're not ground zero.

And yesterday afternoon we were nowhere near a winter storm, had to go up to DC to see snow. Any run that shows a storm anywhere in the southeast is a win at this point.

1 minute ago, AsheCounty48 said:

Everyone NW of the 12z gfs complaining the sweet spot isn't in their backyard. Don't they know we always get that NW jog as we get closer? You should be cheering you're not ground zero.

Day 5-7 range is the "squash" range.

I'm not saying this one will trend NW, because apparently there's going to be an impressive cold push, (and because people will say I'm wishcasting for my area--which I'm not) but usually once we hit D5 and closer, we start to see those few NW jogs.

GFS looks great.  Plenty of cold and now our western wave is nearly on its own.  Now it's just waiting until the GFS can get the wave vort energy phasing correct.  0z had it right, 6z shot the sheared some of the energy out, 12z less so but  didn't get it the vorts phased well enough.  This is normal progression of the models.  Enjoy!

5 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

Day 5-7 range is the "squash" range.

I'm not saying this one will trend NW, because apparently there's going to be an impressive cold push, (and because people will say I'm wishcasting for my area--which I'm not) but usually once we hit D5 and closer, we start to see those few NW jogs.

I'm sure it will, they all do at some point. My point is once again we don't have a real consensus in the modeling. The high/low pressure locations keep changing, ridging keeps fluctuating, timing is all over the place as well as speed and moisture. Until some of these appear to be closer to an agreement in the modeling, we have to stop focusing SO much attention to where it snows and how much.

Looks like it's curtains for me. I'll stay in the Sanitarium while all you guys south of me cash in. You deserve it! I may drive down to CLT and get snowed in next weekend.

NWS Blacksburg:
For the latter half of the long term period, the long range models
are now forecasting a more zonal pattern with elongated energy
moving out of the Great Basin, instead of a more amplified upper
trof. The 12Z GFS continues this trend and now phasing of the
northern and southern stream systems is not forecast. With trends
and now some run to run consistency depicting this solution,
continued to the trend of lowering POPS Thursday-Saturday and
lowering temps as cold air pressure noses in through this period.

So sad, I don't know who's manipulating these models trying to get us to think it's going to snow in CLT, but it's just mean. I'm not falling for it though. Whatever model shows the least snow, that's the one I believe. I think I'm on the Euro right now...nice and cold...and only enough flakes to break the shutout. Just mean. 

1 minute ago, SnowNiner said:

So sad, I don't know who's manipulating these models trying to get us to think it's going to snow in CLT, but it's just mean. I'm not falling for it though. Whatever model shows the least snow, that's the one I believe. I think I'm on the Euro right now...nice and cold...and only enough flakes to break the shutout. Just mean. 

Of course, it probably won't snow. We need something to track, even if it's cold.