Newest Member
    Toothache
Dec 17-18 Front End Snow/Ice/Rain Event

dmillz25

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Agreed. I really find the 4km useful in these situations. That record 500mb height anomaly is the elephant in the room with this forecast imo and of course that weak coastal wave which looks to be just enough of a player to keep llc from scouring out as quickly as we thought 36 hrs+ ago.

Yeah, you can also see an inverted trough-coastal front enhancing precip for Long Island right before and after the changeover on the new HRRR.

rad16.gif

2 minutes ago, dmillz25 said:

Can you post the pic?

It's not letting me post my screenshot here for some reason. But it's on the website (projected snow/ice accumulations) if you want to take a look. If the new HRRR is correct, there will be very heavy snow hitting the area at 14z tomorrow morning with the freezing rain changeover racing up quickly from the south right on its heels

1 hour ago, psv88 said:

Models seem to be picking up on the enhanced banding by the rain/snow line in nw suffolk and n. Nassau. 

I would be shocked if the above verified. 2 in on the barrier islands and 5 inches IMBY. 

I wouldn't be shocked to see it snow 1-2 hour longer up here than on the barrier beach.  Pretty much all the models show some version of that.  Difference might be more like 1" vs 3", but same concept.

Archived