Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Dec 17-18 Front End Snow/Ice/Rain Event

dmillz25

On 12/14/2016 at 10:42 AM, snowman19 said:

I honestly expect this not to be as bad as some are thinking. I think there is virga issues at the start and I don't think the moisture advection is going to be that impressive. IMO this is not a wall of heavy snow thumping on Saturday morning. The next 2 days on the models should be telling

Always a good read .

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jm1220 said:

If I get more than 2" in Long Beach with this I'll be pretty surprised. The colder shifts in the models are a little intriguing though. It might mean something for the north shore and areas close to the city.

I'm seeing a little less extreme version of the February 14 storm. 2" at the beach 5" north shore instead of 5 and 14 with that bad boy. I think it rips everywhere right before the change over. It just flips way quicker for us

4 hours ago, winterwarlock said:

wouldnt these higher amounts coming be higher because of more icing being expected..arent they included in the totals. Im beginning to think its the icing thats the issue after a couple of inches for us in central NJ to NYC

Def in CNJ until the surface breaks out.

CNJ 2 inches of snow , but .25 ice.

20 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

I'm seeing a little less extreme version of the February 14 storm. 2" at the beach 5" north shore instead of 5 and 14 with that bad boy. I think it rips everywhere right before the change over. It just flips way quicker for us

Seeing that changeover line charge over us and then stall over Sunrise Highway was one of the most infuriating things I've ever seen. And it went from easily 3" per hour snow to pouring rain in less than 5 minutes. 

25 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Seeing that changeover line charge over us and then stall over Sunrise Highway was one of the most infuriating things I've ever seen. And it went from easily 3" per hour snow to pouring rain in less than 5 minutes. 

It stalled 2 miles to my south. I ended up with q2".

I think Doug ended up with 11" in RVC.

Archived