Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem!

SR Airglow

54 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Euro has next SWFE Fri nite/Sat as we go from highs near 10 Fri and below zero that morning to 50's to the ski resorts by Sunday. Has advisory snow for almost everyone before the giant eraser comes out Sunday. Does look a bit flatter than the stemwinder it had yesterday

We 1980's

Kev where do you come up with this stuff, here are the Euro high temps Sunday

ecmwf_t2m_boston_28.png

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Euro has next SWFE Fri nite/Sat as we go from highs near 10 Fri and below zero that morning to 50's to the ski resorts by Sunday. Has advisory snow for almost everyone before the giant eraser comes out Sunday. Does look a bit flatter than the stemwinder it had yesterday

We 1980's

I don't use this model? I just make stuff up?

anyway...  i'm curious what the overnight tele' derivatives look like, if they carried yesterday's dystopian warm spell (the frequency of which will ever increase in the months and years to come...) with any consistency.

cause man, yesterday, there was a smoothly non-interrupted destruction of the -EPO 'era' (as it pertains to recently) ...being replaced by reversal of fortune in that regard.  meanwhile, the NAO and WPO even ... the PNA...all of it, warm warm warm.  If that persists and gathers momentum, we may have to start banging a record warmth potential at some point out there. 

It's funny though... at our latitude, things can f that up too -

Just now, CoastalWx said:

GFS and GGEM try to get a few inches prior to the cut this weekend. Would be nice to get that to flatten out.

If it can do what happened to this current storm...then we'd probably see an even better outcome given the antecedent airmass is even deeper arctic origin.

1 minute ago, Hazey said:

Yup right after all the winter is over posts...lol.

I always laugh at that...I don't like the look either around Xmas, but it's not as bad as something like 2011 or 2015. I treat it as opposite of a good pattern....good patterns don't guarantee success and bad patterns don't guarantee failure...they just make certain outcomes more or less likely. We can get snowstorms in ugly patterns...esp at our latitude and over the interior.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I always laugh at that...I don't like the look either around Xmas, but it's not as bad as something like 2011 or 2015. I treat it as opposite of a good pattern....good patterns don't guarantee success and bad patterns don't guarantee failure...they just make certain outcomes more or less likely. We can get snowstorms in ugly patterns...esp at our latitude and over the interior.

Oh so very true!!!!

I don't know how saying the look around Christmas isn't good, gets tied into winter is over posts. The look around Christmas on the EPS is not good...but how does that have a say for winter? You guys need to be careful of interpretation.  Hopefully the GEFS are more correct as I mentioned earlier.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I don't know how saying the look around Christmas isn't good, gets tied into winter is over posts. The look around Christmas on the EPS is not good...but how does that have a say for winter? You guys need to be careful of interpretation.  Hopefully the GEFS are more correct as I mentioned earlier.

If the ensembles are right and the AO really does tank back towards zero or below, that change won't be lasting long anyway 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

White Christmas is serious.

Archived