Newest Member
    Toothache
December 2016 Discussion & Observations

bluewave

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Moderate snow squall quickly whitened the ground here in SW Suffolk. Very pretty scene with the sun coming out near the tail end with the snow still falling.

Looks like some LI Sound enhancement especially further east of me.

Yea, the radar blew up on the North Shore of Suffolk just east of Huntington, and those echoes slide just to your east. Pretty wild. I saw some snow showers at work and checked the radar, saw Commack got slammed. Was shocked to see close to 1/2 inch of snow everywhere, including on the roads.

5 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Yea, the radar blew up on the North Shore of Suffolk just east of Huntington, and those echoes slide just to your east. Pretty wild. I saw some snow showers at work and checked the radar, saw Commack got slammed. Was shocked to see close to 1/2 inch of snow everywhere, including on the roads.

Looked like legit heavy snow and blowing snow on radar right as that band crossed the sound and the elevation increases.

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

Moderate snow squall quickly whitened the ground here in SW Suffolk. Very pretty scene with the sun coming out near the tail end with the snow still falling.

Looks like some LI Sound enhancement especially further east of me.

A nice squall came through Amityville an hour ago and whitened the ground.  The sun came out and it's gone.  Temp up to 23 from 22.

2 hours ago, Rjay said:

A nice squall came through Amityville an hour ago and whitened the ground.  The sun came out and it's gone.  Temp up to 23 from 22.

Looks like a Commack-Smithtown area jackpot from the hi res pass right after the squall ended.

Screen shot 2016-12-15 at 2.57.52 PM.png

Archived